great dragon typos

dictated: antibiotics 3 times daily as directed. Dragon: gargle antibiotics in your buttocks 3 times daily as directed

dictated: pt presents with rigors. dragon: pt presents with rye girls

dictated:  subsequently spoke with dr jones regarding this pt. dragon: sexually spoke with  dr jones regarding this pt.

Other good ones?

(I hate dragon) 

• Haha 3

Those are funny. The one that always came up for me was when I would dictate the location of someone's headache as, "Headache Location: It is a sharp pain that begins retro-orbitally on the left and spreads into her ipsilateral cheek." Dragon would type it as, "Headache Location: It is a sharp pain that begins in the rectum, or it ally on the left and spreads into her ipsilateral cheek." 

55 minutes ago, jmj11 said:

Those are funny. The one that always came up for me was when I would dictate the location of someone's headache as, "Headache Location: It is a sharp pain that begins retro-orbitally on the left and spreads into her ipsilateral cheek." Dragon would type it as, "Headache Location: It is a sharp pain that begins in the rectum, or it ally on the left and spreads into her ipsilateral cheek." 

hate those rectal migraines. Can you get imitrex in a suppository? 🙂

• Administrator

Last week or so Dragon tried to say I referred a 62 YOM for a colposcopy. It correctly recognized colonoscopy the second time I said it... which would have been a bit less terrible if I hadn't caught it.

A confession: I leave my "I used dragon, so this may suck" boilerplate verbiage on the bottom of every note, even if I just typed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Me:  No respiratory distress    Dragon: No respite distress, No restaurant distress.   

Me: You can.....   Dragon:  He can.... (never she)

Rev Ronin:  Our insurance company asked all of us to stop putting in the warning that Dragon might make a mistake.  They felt it would work against us in court.  We are saying that we know there are problems but we are still doing it.  Just food for thought....   

On 10/22/2022 at 12:09 AM, rev ronin said:

A confession: I leave my "I used dragon, so this may suck" boilerplate verbiage on the bottom of every note, even if I just typed it.