Waitlisted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All -

I attended the info session on Thursday and just wanted to recap it here for future reference.

They do NOT rank the waitlist. They reconvene, sort through apps, and then reach out to waitlist people by phone AND email. They did not say how often they reconvene. 

They give you one week to decide whether or not you will accept the opening.

All students on the waitlist are considered for either Christiana, DE OR Glenside, PA. I suppose it depends on which location has a seat opening.

They didn't say exactly how many people were on the waitlist (unless I missed something feel free to chime in) but it looked like at least 80 people were on the call. They have 100 students in a class with 50 at Christiana and 50 at Glenside. Most information I've read on waitlists in general say waitlists should be the same size of the class. So it's possible there are 100 people on the waitlist? Just a thought/guess.

They said some years they have called everyone on the waitlist. One professor said our chances of being called off the waitlist are "pretty good." That's about as much as you'll get without any promises!

If not called off the waitlist this cycle and you want to improve for next cycle, they said having a variety of patient care experience would help, as well as medical terminology coursework. 

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

Hi fellow Arcadia waitlisters!

I know they have an everchanging pool of waitlist applicants, and that we may be pulled from the waitlist at any time between now and a week before school starts, but I'll update here in the case that I recieve an admission offer, as I'm sure everyone is looking for a frame of reference on how timing might work out as acceptances roll in for schools.  

Goodluck on your PA journeys ☺️ 

• 3 weeks later...

I asked how often the committee meets and this is the response:

"At this time our class for May 2023 is full. If someone were to drop out of the process, the admissions committee would reconvene to discuss all available applicants. So we are just basically waiting to see if anything is going to happen."

Not sure what that means? 

On 11/28/2022 at 3:25 PM, damico88 said:

I asked how often the committee meets and this is the response:

"At this time our class for May 2023 is full. If someone were to drop out of the process, the admissions committee would reconvene to discuss all available applicants. So we are just basically waiting to see if anything is going to happen."

Not sure what that means? 

Sounds like they currently are not reviewing anyone from the waitlist and will only do so if/when a spot opens. I would guess with 5 months to go at least a couple people will drop - perhaps those who accepted a seat while waiting to hear from other schools which they might ultimately choose over Arcadia thus opening a spot. So, they could meet as soon as tomorrow or not at all again for this cycle, just depending on if any current committed students release their spot. Hope that helped clarify!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...