MCPHS Boston information and reputation

@Wanderso17

That's great news.  I'm almost finished so I'm going to consolidate them soon.  Thanks for the heads up.  I've bee wondering how to do this for the last year.

I knew the scary thing about it was it last for 10 years, so any given point in time, they can change the law, but honestly at this point, how is one supposed to save for a house, retirement, when having to play back close to 250K unless something is offered?

Of course it would be in his budget, but if they can continue to deny it until 2016, we may be in the clear anyways.  The budget doesn't make sense anyways.  To max loans out at 55,000 to 60,000 would not do anything unless you only had 20,000 or 30,000 in loans, which I see as a very good possible way of paying down quickly without help.

Here is to crossing our fingers for the next 10 years.

Thanks for your help.  I'll be looking into more these next couple of weeks.

Gillum003

• 1 month later...

@wanderso17

A couple of questions about the PSLF Act. 1st, I'm beginning to hear circulatin that you have to have more than 10% of your salary in loans to qualify?

Is this true?

2nd what necessarily qualifies as a Public Service Hospital?  Is that any Non-Profit hospital or must they be underserved like the National Health Corps?  Mass General is considered Non-Profit, so would that qualify as a Public Service?  Just using this as an example because it's such a big hospital.

And last, a lawyer friend said if you sign a contract with the government and loan service agreeing to pay 120 payments and then forgiveness for your loans, then they have to honor the contract no matter if the law changes, so those that have previously signed contracts would be "grandfathered" and be able to finish their payments based on initial payment agreement.  Did you sign a contract or was this a verbal agreement?  And did the contract say anything about being able to change manner of payment at anytime?

Thanks for the help!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I just received my acceptance for Fall 2013 start :) :) My only concern is the cost. If you don't mind answering, do you know if the average student receives financial aid? If so, how much? I would call the financial aid office, but they're closed until January 3rd, and my deposit is due the 31st!

Hey! Can you share your stats?? Congrats!

• 5 months later...

Can anyone shed light on the actual cost to go here? I see on the website that it is 34,900 per semester for tuition during didactic year, but I'm confused on the cost during the clinical year. If anyone who currently goes/ have gone here could give a rough estimate on the total cost it would be much appreciated. They unfortunately didn't include any information about it in the acceptance packet!

Thank you!

I attended the Worcester program. Looking at the website for the Boston program, it appears the tuition is $34,900 for each of the first two years, and then $1090 per credit for the rotations, which total 45 credits. So total cost before housing and living expenses, roughly $120k. Which is a lot of money.

PS if you have been accepted (congratulations!) I am sure you could call the financial aid office and they would outline all the costs for you in detail (and accurately).

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I am interviewing in a week and have a few questions! For the essay portion of the interview do they ask you the same question as your personal statement? Do they expect you to write something else or can you write the same thing you wrote and submitted? Also for the clinical rotation, do they have set rotations or do students have to go out and find their own?

Archived