YALE 2022 Cycle (ONLINE)

14 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

Hey! That does make it better lol, I mean I was assuming I wasn’t actually the only one but it’s just weird I thought usually they notified accepted people first. I wonder do why though. Oh well. Nothing I can do now. I’m glad I made it that far this year. Hopefully I don’t have to apply again next year. I literally DREAD getting LORs every year. 

Hey there! I’m a current student at YPAO and just wanted to encourage you that you are absolutely not the only one this happened to. It seems like there are about 5-6 rounds of interviews with groups of between 60-80 interviewees. In each of those groups it seems 10-15ppl are accepted and around that many waitlisted. So if you are being generous with your estimations my guess is of the people who interview at least half are rejected. These are all just my own personal estimates based on the few application cycles I have watched (the program itself has never shared any of this type of info with us). 

I think not many people know about the forum and a lot of people won’t publicly share bad news, so the numbers you see here aren’t a real reflection. I say all of this to encourage you and let you know you aren’t alone and to keep chasing your dream! It also took me a few cycles to get in but it’s worth it!

Edited by happyandhopeful
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

I was rejected the morning after the post interview too. It was truly unfortunate timing too because I was heading out for a backpacking trip with my sisters, put a damper on my mood for that day lol to say the least. So @mfcfpa  you definitely weren't the only one and you really should apply next cycle. I'm absolutely going to. It's just a kink in the road that's all. I truly wish good news for everyone else!!! 

• Sad 1

On 8/27/2022 at 2:12 PM, happyandhopeful said:

Hey there! I’m a current student at YPAO and just wanted to encourage you that you are absolutely not the only one this happened to. It seems like there are about 5-6 rounds of interviews with groups of between 60-80 interviewees. In each of those groups it seems 10-15ppl are accepted and around that many waitlisted. So if you are being generous with your estimations my guess is of the people who interview at least half are rejected. These are all just my own personal estimates based on the few application cycles I have watched (the program itself has never shared any of this type of info with us). 

I think not many people know about the forum and a lot of people won’t publicly share bad news, so the numbers you see here aren’t a real reflection. I say all of this to encourage you and let you know you aren’t alone and to keep chasing your dream! It also took me a few cycles to get in but it’s worth it!

I really appreciate you for taking the time to encourage us!!! ❤️ Thank you! 

On 8/26/2022 at 8:21 PM, mfcfpa said:

Thanks for the support. Talk about odd timing because it was right after I shared my rejection news with you all. I’m also a little weirded out that I seem to be the only one with this experience so far, and I’m already a reapplicant lol. But it’s also just strange that I’m the only one that heard anything. I mean obviously other people may have just chosen to not share their outcome. Who knows. Best of luck. I’m not sure I want to apply a 4th cycle lol. I know I can do it now, like right now. I don’t want to keep waiting. I’m waiting to do a lot of other things in life until after I achieve this…still all weird though. I wonder if I’m seriously the only one with this experience with this program this cycle as in interview and then rejected. 

Take this year to do something you have been really wanting to do! And then reapply! Things happen for a reason. Don't give up! I always have a plan B and try to have something exciting to look forward to. You got this! 

Does anyone know how many more interview cycles they will be doing?  I was a later applicant and have not heard anything one way or the other regarding an interview or rejection.  The waiting game is definitely tough.  Sorry to those that were rejected, and congrats to those that were accepted!

1 hour ago, Jawton said:

Does anyone know how many more interview cycles they will be doing?  I was a later applicant and have not heard anything one way or the other regarding an interview or rejection.  The waiting game is definitely tough.  Sorry to those that were rejected, and congrats to those that were accepted!

From my understanding Sept is the last batch of interviews 

• Like 1