Does not working look bad on application???

I have so far taken half a year off to focus more on school. It has been 6 months since I have worked and have been taking at least 17 units per semester. I wish to continue to do this and not work for about another year to retake some of my classes. Will it look bad to the admissions committee if they see that I have not worked for a year and a half or so when I plan to apply next year??

I wouldn't worry about it, its not like you are sitting around doing nothing. My wife stopped working mid-2007 to go to school full-time, and she got into every school she applied to last year (accepted to 4 out of 4 PA schools, and almost 3 1/2 years of not working full-time), but she had over 9k hours as an Army Medic at that point. The only thing is that she continued to volunteer while completing her bachelors degree.

None of the programs (Western U, Samuel Merritt U, Stanford, O Pacific) asked her why she choose not to work while she was in school. So I disagree ^ , if you have the hours (already), high quality HCE, and a competitive c/sGPA then you should be fine.

Archived