CASPA Transcript Question

I am not applying for this current cycle but I planned to apply next April when CASPA re-opens and I was wondering how the transcript works. There is a spot on CASPA where you can manually enter grades but I always hear people talking about sending their transcripts. I'm wondering if I need to do both (manually input all the classes and grades I've taken AND send them from the 3 colleges I have attended) or just pick one of these methods?

Also, when would be a good time to send them in for the next cycle (I am currently taking my last 2 pre-reqs)?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 1:17 AM, DawnP said:

I am not applying for this current cycle but I planned to apply next April when CASPA re-opens and I was wondering how the transcript works. There is a spot on CASPA where you can manually enter grades but I always hear people talking about sending their transcripts. I'm wondering if I need to do both (manually input all the classes and grades I've taken AND send them from the 3 colleges I have attended) or just pick one of these methods?

Also, when would be a good time to send them in for the next cycle (I am currently taking my last 2 pre-reqs)?

Hi Dawn,

It's been a while since I applied, but I believe that you have to manually input your grades and have your transcripts sent to CASPA. I also had college classes from 3 different institutions and I had to request a transcript from each one of them. The best time to send the transcripts would probably be anytime after the cycle opens. I remember that I requested my transcripts the day CASPA opened and CASPA received them a few days later. It would be best to wait until you have the grades for all of your pre-requisites before sending them so it saves you time (and also money if you have to pay for each one of them to be sent over). It sounds like you are finishing those courses up though so your transcripts will be ready by the time the next cycle opens. Hope this helps! Good luck 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 5:55 PM, at1313 said:

Hi Dawn,

It's been a while since I applied, but I believe that you have to manually input your grades and have your transcripts sent to CASPA. I also had college classes from 3 different institutions and I had to request a transcript from each one of them. The best time to send the transcripts would probably be anytime after the cycle opens. I remember that I requested my transcripts the day CASPA opened and CASPA received them a few days later. It would be best to wait until you have the grades for all of your pre-requisites before sending them so it saves you time (and also money if you have to pay for each one of them to be sent over). It sounds like you are finishing those courses up though so your transcripts will be ready by the time the next cycle opens. Hope this helps! Good luck 🙂 

Thank you for you reply! That makes sense now.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:55 PM, at1313 said:

Hi Dawn,