2012-2013 applicants

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on 10/10. I also interviewed there last cycle in February of 2012, but did not get in. I have not heard anything back as of yet. They said it could be 2-3 weeks. However some of the students I have spoken to that are in the program said they were accepted within the first week. Anyone else out there who has interviewed heard anything yet?

Hey guys. I am a 2nd year student at NSU in Jax, currently out on rotations. My best advice for the interview would be to be yourself. I believe they want those who can work well as a team and not those who are too competitive. They want you to be able to handle the course load, but at the same time know how to relax, work well with others, and make the classroom an environment of learning and friendship. All of the falculty at NOVA Jax are wonderful and will do whatever it takes to help you out through the 27 months. Good luck to everyone and know that you are making a good choice with NSU of Jacksonville. Let me know if you have anymore questions. See ya!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

I have not seen a thread for NOVA University, Fort Myers, but I am thinking of starting one. I have an interview scheduled with them January 28. I appreciate the interview advice you listed! Do you know of any way to talk with current or past Ft. Myers students? Thanks!

Candice, Arizona

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys. I am a 2nd year student at NSU in Jax, currently out on rotations. My best advice for the interview would be to be yourself. I believe they want those who can work well as a team and not those who are too competitive. They want you to be able to handle the course load, but at the same time know how to relax, work well with others, and make the classroom an environment of learning and friendship. All of the falculty at NOVA Jax are wonderful and will do whatever it takes to help you out through the 27 months. Good luck to everyone and know that you are making a good choice with NSU of Jacksonville. Let me know if you have anymore questions. See ya!

I am very interested to know how rotations are handled at Jax. How do they work? How many sites do you go to? Can you choose them? What specialties are highlighted? etc

Also, do you need a 3.0 in each class to be considered passing?

If anyone else knows the answers to these questions please let me know!

Thank you

I am very interested to know how rotations are handled at Jax. How do they work? How many sites do you go to? Can you choose them? What specialties are highlighted? etc

Also, do you need a 3.0 in each class to be considered passing?

If anyone else knows the answers to these questions please let me know!

Thank you

Also do you feel the rotations are quality, well-handled? Ok done asking questions for now! :)

• 4 weeks later...

missAmerICAN: I am also a second year PA student doing my rotations. You have a total of 9 rotations, 8 are six weeks long, and your last is four weeks long (usually done at where you hope to become employed). There are six core rotations that everyone has to do, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Family Practice, Internal Medicine. The other two 6 week rotations are electives, you ask for the specialty that you want to rotate in and they make every attempt to make it happen. There is a mountain of paperwork to add a new hospital or preceptor, so if you want to do a specialty rotation with a physician that hasn't previously had Nova students, and especially if there is a hospital that doesn't have an existing affiliation agreement you may not get it. The legal issues for both NOVA and the hospital that have to be covered are pretty extensive.

Every class, every test, every project, 75% is passing, 74% is failing.

Archived