Experienced PA - Profit Sharing Negotiations

Hey all, 

I am an experienced (x10 years) PA with high output in a large subspecialty private practice. There is a potential for one of the docs in our practice to break away and start a new practice, and I would likely join him. My current salary is low as compared to my experience and output, and I am purely salaried. 

I have been asked by said MD to brainstorm ideas on a "fair" salary with profit sharing. The doctor in question is extremely generous, and wants everything to be much more transparent (as it stands now, I don't even know what my RVUs are). The idea would be for all providers to share quarterly in the "pot" once all expenses are paid, but to have a structure that makes sense and pays for loyalty over an extended period of time as well as based on output. Not sure if this is a complex question to answer, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas or want to share their setup.

One thought I had was to have the RVUs calculated, and based on percentage of output amongst all other providers, break up the quarterly pot that way. 

Any advice would be appreciated!