Eastern Virginia Medical School 2022-2023 Cycle

Hi everyone! Starting this for those who want to discuss anything regarding EVMS for the new cycle. I’m still waiting to hear back from EVMS for this past cycle, but most of the acceptances have been sent and unless I get waitlisted & get really really lucky, I will likely end up being a second time applicant in this cycle. Good luck to everyone and can’t wait to talk with you all! 

Edited by nmillerpa74
grammar

22 hours ago, nmillerpa74 said:

Hi everyone! Starting this for those who want to discuss anything regarding EVMS for the new cycle. I’m still waiting to hear back EVMS for this past cycle, but most of the acceptances have been sent and unless I get waitlisted & get really really lucky, I will likely end up being a second time applicant in this cycle. Good luck to everyone and can’t wait to talk with you all! 

Don’t feel bad man. It’s really hard to get in. I was a 2nd time applicant to EVMS the 21-22 cycle and got in. Even with a 2nd percentile CASPer. I retook the CASPer for this cycle and luckily made 3rd percentile had I not gotten in. But EVMS values reapplication so don’t quit! 

PSA TO ALL IN HERE:

EVMS is NON-ROLLING. Meaning they won’t look at your application until after March 1st, 2023. That means you can submit your complete and verified app right up until the deadline.

AND

EVMS requires all their prerequisite courses BE COMPLETED before the deadline, reflected in your transcripts (they do not accept in-progress prerequisites). 

there is an application handbook that can be found on the EVMS MPA website

Edited by ponds
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ponds said:

Don’t feel bad man. It’s really hard to get in. I was a 2nd time applicant to EVMS the 21-22 cycle and got in. Even with a 2nd percentile CASPer. I retook the CASPer for this cycle and luckily made 3rd percentile had I not gotten in. But EVMS values reapplication so don’t quit! 

I had a moment of despair but also still haven’t officially heard back yet if I’m waitlisted or denied. They’re really taking their time!! I am committed to EVMS even more now after seeing how amazing the program is during interviews. Congrats again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nmillerpa74 said:

I had a moment of despair but also still haven’t officially heard back yet if I’m waitlisted or denied. They’re really taking their time!! I am committed to EVMS even more now after seeing how amazing the program is during interviews. Congrats again!

I'm right there with you!! This waiting game is no joke. And they definitely proved themselves as such an AMAZING program during interviews. 

Still hoping for the best! Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 6:57 PM, nmillerpa74 said:

do you mind sharing your stats 🙂

I need advice on whether or not i should apply to EVMS 🙂

qualifying gpa: 3.71 

pre-req gpa: 3.70 

Patient care hours: 2000

no health care hours 😞 I have only been a nurse technician, covid-tester, and PCT 

volunteer hours: 650 

CASPER: 3rd (above 50% to 75% to other test takers) 

Edited by prepa1324

On 10/19/2022 at 7:43 PM, prepa1324 said:

I need advice on whether or not i shoud apply to EVMS 🙂

qualifying gpa: 3.71 

pre-req gpa: 3.55 

Patient care hours: 2000

volunteer hours: 250 

CASPER: 3rd (above 50% to 75% to other test takers) 

I would! You meet all their requirements ! Just make sure all your pre-reqs are a B- or greater. And continue to work on your PCE hours! 

• Like 1

I applied really early and was just going to update the last psychology class I have to take and my patient care hours and volunteer hours. Am I at a disadvantage because I went ahead and submitted my application wayyy before the deadline. I feel as though I should have waited to give them a complete update on how many hours I completed. 

13 hours ago, prepa1324 said:

I applied really early and was just going to update the last psychology class I have to take and my patient care hours and volunteer hours. Am I at a disadvantage because I went ahead and submitted my application wayyy before the deadline. I feel as though I should have waited to give them a complete update on how many hours I completed. 

image.png.d6223d4debd775ae2d4082ee92902c1e.png

Hey, this is posted in their admissions guidebook so you should be good even though you applied really early! I'd suggest checking out their guidebook if you haven't already! https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_Current.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi! I applied in Nov, but I have not heard anything yet. I know that EVMS is competitive, but how can I stand out more as a 22 year old recent grad from UVA(sGPA: 3.5, cGPA: 3.7, 2000 and counting PCE, 90+ shadow)? I heard they take older applicants with more experience, but I am ready to be a PA asap! I am scared that my age is a disadvantage. Any advice or thoughts? Also how can I become a stronger applicant? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 7:49 PM, arima said:

ugh the suspense is anxiety riddling!! this is so hard waiting months to hear back!! does anyone know how they contact you about an interview?  

So you will first get an email that your application is eligible for review. THEN early June, if selected, you will get an invite through email to sign up for an interview! They usually offer two dates for interviews. However, they could always change the process. So just look out for emails. They do most of their communication through email. You can also check your PURL! Which is go.evms.edu/yourfullname

6 hours ago, hondo said:

So you will first get an email that your application is eligible for review. THEN early June, if selected, you will get an invite through email to sign up for an interview! They usually offer two dates for interviews. However, they could always change the process. So just look out for emails. They do most of their communication through email. You can also check your PURL! Which is go.evms.edu/yourfullname

JUNE?? that’s so late to hear back! the deadline is March! 

Yes! It’s a long process but SO worth it ! 

there are a lot of students who started the next CASPA cycle while waiting to hear back from EVMS! 

even though the deadline is in March, they don’t look at the applications in depth until after the deadline. I think they may start to review them but due to them being a NONROLLING school, they don’t do any selection til after their deadline. Our deadline for our class did get extended a little which could be why we found out in June about interviews! It does help to look back at the other years forums to get an ‘idea’ of time frame ! 

• 1 month later...

Good luck to those that have submitted! Should be hearing about your apps being complete and thus are eligible for review soon. 
EVMS interviews in July, so you’ll hear back about interview invites in June, since they’re non rolling and a later deadline…. it will go into next CASPA. Keep that in mind. Good luck guys!

• Thanks 1