Thiel College 2022-2023

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, use10293848 said:

Hey guys - I just recently discovered the Thiel program so I decided to apply! I applied super late, so I don't have super high expectations, but I thought I'd share my stats: 

GPA: 3.63

sGPA: 3.52

PCE: 232 Hours PT Aide / 110 Hours Scribe

200 Shadowing Hours (35 MDs, 165 PAs)

92 Hours Volunteering in Pain Management Clinic

500 Leadership Hours

64 Hours Teaching Experience 

10 hours ago, SynthCoke said:

Accepted first week of January, cohort 3. 

Beginning of the zoom interview were introductions. interview was one-on-one, very warm and pleasant compared to other universities. That really left an impression on me. 

Congratulations on your acceptance! That's so great to hear - my first interview was a very intimidating experience. I have an interview with them on 1/30, and I think I'm in the very last interview day in the cycle lol, praying I do well and get my first acceptance!!!!

Guest PA658069

Thank you.

Don’t stress it. It was one of the more laid back interviews I have had and that allowed me to relax and not be overly nervous. Just be yourself (the interview had standard formal questions but also informal conversations) and best of luck! 

Also very good stats! And 165 PA shadowing hours is something that will make you stand out. 😉

Edited by SynthCoke
Just wanted to add extra info

23 hours ago, SynthCoke said:

Thank you.

Don’t stress it. It was one of the more laid back interviews I have had and that allowed me to relax and not be overly nervous. Just be yourself (the interview had standard formal questions but also informal conversations) and best of luck! 

Also very good stats! And 165 PA shadowing hours is something that will make you stand out. 😉

Thank you so much! I appreciate all your advice. The biggest problem I have had is in my PCE… A lot of schools don’t think I’m experienced enough, but I’m finishing up my undergraduate degree this Spring and have only been able to work through the summers, and with covid that was really hard. I also go to school where PCE jobs are IMPOSSIBLE to find. 

• 2 weeks later...

Waitlisted 2/2 after an interview on 1/30, I thought I killed it so I'm bummed...

Told me it would take 1-2 weeks to hear from them after interviews, but I heard from them exactly 72 hours after my interview. Don't really know what that means. This is the second school I've been waitlisted at, not feeling too confident today 😞

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, use10293848 said:

Waitlisted 2/2 after an interview on 1/30, I thought I killed it so I'm bummed...

Told me it would take 1-2 weeks to hear from them after interviews, but I heard from them exactly 72 hours after my interview. Don't really know what that means. This is the second school I've been waitlisted at, not feeling too confident today 😞

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully you hear something back soon! Wish you all the best and luck for your future endeavors. 

• 2 weeks later...