DMS Accreditation

Dear smart PAs with DMS, DHSc, DMS, PhD, etc…,

Quick!  Pronto! Please start organizing an accreditation/regulatory body for doctorate programs for PAs before the MBAs get a hold of it and charge us an arm and a leg! I haven’t seen AAPA start one yet. Get closer to OTP or full practice independence! 

this thought came to me as I was looking up LMU program  (see link bottom of page)

https://www.lmunet.edu/school-of-medical-sciences/dms/faqs

#tongueincheek

Edited by VentiMacchiato
Add word
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great that ADPA is in place and advocating. However, the doctorally educated PAs need to then become Medical Science Practitioner and drop the PA all together. Your constant ties to being a physician helper really holds back legislation because legislators can’t understand why an assistant or even associate should be given more authority. Not that can’t be done but it drastically impacts how you are viewed. 
also should focus of Federal jobs and gaining LIP, PAs are getting eliminated because NP have LIP and PAs do not. Since AAPA doesn’t have much foresight maybe ADPA should take charge.

• Upvote 1