2022-2023 Cycle

Hello guys! Congratulations to anyone accepted to the 2023 upcoming PA class at Xavier University. 🎊🎉  I am very excited to meet you all and start the next 28 months!

I am from Kennesaw, Georgia (suburb 30 minutes outside of Atlanta) and am looking for people to move in with to New Orleans at the beginning of 2023. I'm a very fun-loving and easy-going person and I love to meet and connect with new people.

I am looking for at least one more roommate, no more than two more. I am willing to stay in any area of New Orleans. As long as we are in a relatively safe side of town, relatively close (within 20-30 minutes) to XULA, and are close to a grocery store, I will be good! 

My budget is under $1,000 a month per person (for rent, specifically), but I am willing to budge on this if we find a great place! 

If you are interested, please don't hesitate to email me at jas.gwyn@yahoo.com!

24 minutes ago, jmd2022 said:

Correct. Supposedly, they will be holding another 2-3 rounds of interviews in September. For the people who have interviewed they will should hear a response by the end of their interview week. 

I interviewed on the 8th and have not heard anything at all

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, PAnola96 said:

Hey, has anyone received a rejection letter? I interviewed on the 15th and still have not heard anything?

when i interviewed last year it took them a few months to get back to me... grant it there was the hurricane, but it took some time to be told I was waitlisted then never even received a formal rejection... I would give it some time but if you dont hear anything after a month I would call them and see what's going on. They took a while to send out acceptances to people too, so don't loose hope. I would just stay on top of them and ask if there's any news or dates that they plan to be releasing that type of information out by.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, eventuallyPA said:

when i interviewed last year it took them a few months to get back to me... grant it there was the hurricane, but it took some time to be told I was waitlisted then never even received a formal rejection... I would give it some time but if you dont hear anything after a month I would call them and see what's going on. They took a while to send out acceptances to people too, so don't loose hope. I would just stay on top of them and ask if there's any news or dates that they plan to be releasing that type of information out by.

What’s your stats and profession 

1 hour ago, BayouPA said:

What’s your stats and profession 

i dont remember my entire GPA probably like ~3.3 to be honest and I know I had over 2500 hours scribing, medical assisting and medical insurance, had other strong things on my app though like letters of rec, study abroad, volunteering, awards and good personal statement. kinda glad xavier ghosted me though because I got into my top choice so it ended up working out. Just wanted to give the heads up on how they took their time last round cause that really wasn't what i was expecting. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, PAPASSION19 said:

Has anyone heard back yet recently? I'm still waiting on a decision. 

I haven't heard anything yet. I am pretty sure they're finished interviewing though (for now at least). Was hoping to hear something this week! Does anyone know if they send out an official waitlist?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, JaslynnGwyn said:

Hello guys! Congratulations to anyone accepted to the 2023 upcoming PA class at Xavier University. 🎊🎉  I am very excited to meet you all and start the next 28 months!

I am from Kennesaw, Georgia (suburb 30 minutes outside of Atlanta) and am looking for people to move in with to New Orleans at the beginning of 2023. I'm a very fun-loving and easy-going person and I love to meet and connect with new people.

I am looking for at least one more roommate, no more than two more. I am willing to stay in any area of New Orleans. As long as we are in a relatively safe side of town, relatively close (within 20-30 minutes) to XULA, and are close to a grocery store, I will be good! 

My budget is under $1,000 a month per person (for rent, specifically), but I am willing to budge on this if we find a great place! 

If you are interested, please don't hesitate to email me at jas.gwyn@yahoo.com!

Hi! I went to Xavier for undergrad and lived at the River Gardens on Saint Andrews. It's right by the Walmart on Tchoup. I always felt safe there, it was just me and my sister (two college girls from the west coast). I think the rent for the townhouse which has 2 bedrooms was under 2000 with water and garbage included. 

I also lived at the Woodward apartments alone during my master's program. This was closer to downtown and pricier (~1300) but I think they have 2 bedrooms for a fair price. Friends of mine lived at the Georgian apartments on St. Charles which were cheaper and they liked it. 

Hope this helps! Congrats on your acceptance!!! XU💛🖤

Edited by bethepa

• 1 month later...