2022-2023 cycle

14 hours ago, hopefulbee said:

Yeah I didn’t hear anything last night 😕

Did you check your email today?   I got an email from them around 5:30pm saying that I'm being moved into the "interview pool, second wave" .  It says they may want to interview me after the first round of interviews is over and they would contact by the end of September for an interview in October.  So I guess I'm still in the running? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, hbowron said:

Did you check your email today?   I got an email from them around 5:30pm saying that I'm being moved into the "interview pool, second wave" .  It says they may want to interview me after the first round of interviews is over and they would contact by the end of September for an interview in October.  So I guess I'm still in the running? 

Yes they said the same for me!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hanp56 said:

Hey! I know I wasn’t the original poster but I got an email with all of my interview info a few days ago and it said you get a decision within a few days after your interview.

Wow! That’s great. Is it individual and MMI? I haven’t gotten the email with all the info yet bc mine is in September. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, futurePA098 said:

Would anyone like to share their interview experience? 

The interview was from 7:45am to 1pm over Zoom. It was challenging (essay-writing, group discussion, MMIs) and personally unnerving due to the committee's decision being made just hours after the completion of the interview. All things considered, I didn't necessarily enjoy the interview, but everyone is different!

2 hours ago, anewPA said:

The interview was from 7:45am to 1pm over Zoom. It was challenging (essay-writing, group discussion, MMIs) and personally unnerving due to the committee's decision being made just hours after the completion of the interview. All things considered, I didn't necessarily enjoy the interview, but everyone is different!

I definitely agree with this. The faculty do everything they can to calm your nerves and are very welcoming. But all of the events of the interview are quite stressful. Try to “raise your hand” as quickly as possible in the group discussion. I was unable to answer the last question due to time! 

33 minutes ago, Hanp56 said:

I definitely agree with this. The faculty do everything they can to calm your nerves and are very welcoming. But all of the events of the interview are quite stressful. Try to “raise your hand” as quickly as possible in the group discussion. I was unable to answer the last question due to time! 

I heard there's writing assessment. What's that about? Do we have write an essay or something? 

3 hours ago, anewPA said:

How long does the group discussion last for? Is it with all the faculty and staff?

10 minutes ago, mypathtoPA said:

How long does the group discussion last for? Is it with all the faculty and staff?

Yes, there's an essay that you have to write within a 30 minute time frame, they give you a specific prompt during the interview. The group discussion lasts for another 30 minutes. A faculty member asks each question and each student generally answers the question after using the "raise your hand" feature on Zoom. Good luck!

31 minutes ago, anewPA said:

Yes, there's an essay that you have to write within a 30 minute time frame, they give you a specific prompt during the interview. The group discussion lasts for another 30 minutes. A faculty member asks each question and each student generally answers the question after using the "raise your hand" feature on Zoom. Good luck!

oh okay! Gosh it seems so challenging. Idk how I am gonna do. AHHH I'm freaking out 

1 hour ago, mypathtoPA said:

oh okay! Gosh it seems so challenging. Idk how I am gonna do. AHHH I'm freaking out 

Don’t freak out! It’s a nerve wracking process, but they just want to get to know you. Answer the questions honestly and openly and try to integrate your experiences into your answers. Good luck 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mypathtoPA said:

Did the interview today and GOT REJECTED 😞 

I just feel like having good enough stats is not enough for them. They want to see authenticity in their interviews. Best of luck to whoever's having their interview with them. 

I had some below average stats, but had an upward trend towards the end of undergrad. I felt like I was really exuberant and upbeat in my interview. Got some nods AND good feedback during, I talked a lot in an effort to be less rehearsed. Even so, got REJECTED anyway. Decision was out by 3:45 or so.

53 minutes ago, mypathtoPA said:

Did the interview today and GOT REJECTED 😞 

I just feel like having good enough stats is not enough for them. They want to see authenticity in their interviews. Best of luck to whoever's having their interview with them. 

Same thing happened to me! I have great stats and I thought I interviewed well but I just don’t think they believed I fit their program, and they might be right! I felt good after my interview, I made some of them laugh and smile, and I was being my best self. You will get in where you belong.

1 hour ago, amb2022 said:

I had some below average stats, but had an upward trend towards the end of undergrad. I felt like I was really exuberant and upbeat in my interview. Got some nods AND good feedback during, I talked a lot in an effort to be less rehearsed. Even so, got REJECTED anyway. Decision was out by 3:45 or so.

was your interview today as well?

1 hour ago, Hanp56 said:

Same thing happened to me! I have great stats and I thought I interviewed well but I just don’t think they believed I fit their program, and they might be right! I felt good after my interview, I made some of them laugh and smile, and I was being my best self. You will get in where you belong.

omg I can so relate to that. They were definitely laughing and smiling throughout the time they were interviewing me. I felt all positive vibes and felt like I did extremely well and was very authentic as well. However, I feel like that wasn't enough and heard back within 2 hours with a rejection unfortunately.