Applications for the class of 2015

Hello all, it's that time of the year again, time to play the waiting game. I was told they have significantly less applications this year than years past- in the 300's versus upper 400's. Good news for us! Please post if and when you get an interview call so we can keep everyone informed. Probably won't hear anything till mid to late September. Good luck! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Nancy, we're all well aware of the probationary status of the program here, having been personally mailed letters. The board of ARC-PA had nothing bad to say about the quality of the education here, however certain supporting criterion of the Standards were not being met, or were in jeopordy of not being met due to funding cuts from the upper echelons (part of the problem with being a state funded program in a poor state, compound that with a state that isn't putting the emphasis where it needs to be put). They seriously considered not putting UNM on probation this cycle, but decided it would be in the best interest of the program to do so, in order to shore up funding for the program in the now and future. I admit it's a hard pill to swallow, probation is such a dirty word, but knowing the specifics of the probation makes it much easier.

I honestly think this will have a application pool effect for the next two years, but I'm confident that UNM will pull out stronger because of this.

Archived