interview for 2013 start...

So I just received an interview invitation today, and I was given 3 options: 01/18, 01/19, or 02/19! I'm very nervous because I'm from CA and this is the first school out of state I've received an invite for.

Someone suggested the Holiday Inn on page 1, so I'll consider that option for lodging. For those out of state, which airport did you fly to?

Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strawmaryblonde, they said they went from being a 32 month program to a 27 month program and the revise caused them to have a period of time where they did not have students attending the program. Apparently, whenever a PA program is not up and running the school forfeits it's accreditation. Unfortunately, I did not ask enough questions at the info session about how confident the school feels about passing in June, what they are doing to ensure they will pass, and what will happen to us who have gotten in if they don't pass. I am not kicking myself in the butt for it now :( Good luck at your interview! It is super relaxed. No trick questions. I felt very "at home". Please let me know how it goes! -Lindsay

So I just received an interview invitation today, and I was given 3 options: 01/18, 01/19, or 02/19! I'm very nervous because I'm from CA and this is the first school out of state I've received an invite for.

Someone suggested the Holiday Inn on page 1, so I'll consider that option for lodging. For those out of state, which airport did you fly to?

Thanks.

Will be flying to Clarksburg in Feb

Will be flying to Clarksburg in Feb

I actually chose Pittsburgh, longer driving time but cheaper airfare (from CA).

Anyway, I'll be seeing you on the 19th then =]. Good luck!

Also, thanks lynzme1 for the info! I hope they will update applicants with their accreditation prep during the interview infosession in Feb.

The accreditation is a non-issue for anyone beginning this May. The program already has full provisional accreditation. The same that is granted to any new program. The June visit is their first since receiving the provisional. I was reassured that regardless of what happens during that visit anyone who was enrolled under the provisional is allowed to take the PANCE assuming they complete the program. The faculty at AB are very proud of their program and with all the updates done in 2010 I doubt they would do anything to jeopardize their accreditation.

The accreditation is a non-issue for anyone beginning this May. The program already has full provisional accreditation. The same that is granted to any new program. The June visit is their first since receiving the provisional. I was reassured that regardless of what happens during that visit anyone who was enrolled under the provisional is allowed to take the PANCE assuming they complete the program. The faculty at AB are very proud of their program and with all the updates done in 2010 I doubt they would do anything to jeopardize their accreditation.

The biggest issue for those yet to interview is the number of spots available. Prior to last weekend's interviews the university president said they had already received deposits for 25 of the 36 spots. Judging by the number of people in suits/interview attire at the info session I would estimate at least 15 of us interviewed on Saturday.

Thanks GScott for the info. Good luck everyone.

GScott, I realize that they have provisional accreditation but I would hate to have attended a school who lost their accreditation while I was in attendance. That wouldn't look very good when we are trying to get jobs after graduation. That is my only concern. Thanks for the update!

yeah i spoke to megan and she said that they would send out a housing packet. I haven't gotten it either.. She did send me a list of rentals and people to contact. when i was there for the interview i asked about housing and they said that the students usually rent houses, and i live in florida so i need to drive up there and start looking soon..

Hey everyone, I was also accepted to AB awhile ago, so I actually just created a facebook group for us! It's "Alderson-Broaddus PA Program - Class of 2015" and it's a closed group so you'll have to request to be in it. If you want to just message me on here when you do, so I know who you are that would be helpful. Thanks everyone, look forward to meeting you!

(PS my Facebook name is Jennifer Rose)

Thank you so much for starting that!!! I am so excited to meet everyone!! I still haven't gotten anything in the mail for housing but I do have a number to one of the ladys that helps with rentals. I know from a PA in the area that went to AB awhile back that she lived in an apartment but she also went to AB for undergrad so she knew where to look earlier on. Are people considering living in houses or apartments?

MVS 1: I just received an interview invite and I turned mine in about 2 1/2 weeks ago. That being said, I know from this thread that they have 25/36 slots filled and they enroll on a rolling basis. Also they accept applications till March 1st, as you probably already know, and its 45 dollars to apply. Also they have interviews for March 5th and 19th. The February 19th slots are filled up already. Given all that I think you can make a decision based on that info and your credentials of the probably of getting in. Good luck!

Also, why I came on this forum, I know the school has baptist foundations but do they emphasis that in the PA program? Thanks!

Archived