CASPA Experience Mistake

Major stupid mistake warning!!

After my application was verified I noticed I listed my PCE as HCE. I decided to add another experience with the same description, number of hours, etc but under the PCE category and notified all of my schools about this error. Several schools have already gotten back to me and put a note on my application about this mistake, but ugh! I have a couple of more schools to submit to but at this point I don't even know if I have a shot. Has anyone else made a similar mistake?  

• 5 weeks later...

NOTE to all...Even if you update your CASPA, any schools that already have the application MAY NOT take the time to download another update.   I had a very similar experience.

I had to apply by Aug 1st for first school deadlines.  Graduated undergrad Aug 3rd so once I did that, updated CAPSA.   However all the initial schools selected were given notification of the application and most pulled copies as soon as I submitted application.   When I updated CASPA I assumed schools would receive new notification of the update....Told by CASPA the update is available in the portal to the school, however it was the responsibility of the schools to download an updated copy.  I didn't know this until it was too late and lost out on several schools (having not graduated yet) for that cycle.   I doubt the schools that were notified even downloaded the updated copy (too many applications).   I went from 3 interviews that cycle with no offers to 11 interviews, 4 offers and stopped at that point since I had to put down deposits and already lost one by switching.  Did not want to keep losing my deposit money switching to improve schools.

You should follow up with the schools directly and point out the issue.  However don't count on them going the extra mile.   You may not like what you read but wanted to let you know the real life situation....

Learned this the hard way......