Application Cycle 2022-2023

On 7/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, CrossLakeDietitian said:

I recently submitted my application to the PA program for LSU Shreveport and now the waiting begins!  I don't feel super confident after turning in the supplemental application so fingers are triple crossed that I at least get an interview.

What are your stats?

20 hours ago, veenicolej said:

What are your stats?

• Undergrad GPA 3.05
  • Science GPA 3.33 
  • GRE Quant 147
  • GRE Verbal 154
  • GRE Analy Writing 3.0
  • Healthcare 7488 - I have been a practicing dietitian at a transplant clinic for the last 4.5 years
  • Volunteer 440

My big problem is my GPA.  My early college years were an absolute disaster (like 1.75 GPAs) but when I went back when I was 27 for my actual degree my GPAs were more in the 3.5-3.7 range.  I have awesome references and obviously a lot of healthcare experience.  Plus LSU says they look for trends in your grades so hopefully they can disregard my early college mess ups.  I think I did well on the CASPA and my I feel like my personal statement is strong.  Also, I have lived and worked in Shreveport for the last 9 years and I know they give preference for that so hopefully all that will at least secure me an interview.  I won't feel as bad getting rejected if I was able to present my whole self.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tripleL said:

anybody have any idea as to when interviews will start going out? i know the website says august buttttt i’ve read in previous years threads where some got interviews in july (i think) 

I had a medical student in my clinic the other day that texted a friend who said they are already doing interviews 😬. I finished my complete application on July 5th and still haven't heard anything yet.

8 hours ago, tripleL said:

@CrossLakeDietitian i submitted mine july 11, and was verified the same day. i am worried 😬

I emailed Bigler last week to at least make sure they sent you some kind of rejection so you would know. But I got an automatic reply on her email because she was on vacation all week 🙄 maybe I will hear back from her today. 

54 minutes ago, CrossLakeDietitian said:

I emailed Bigler last week to at least make sure they sent you some kind of rejection so you would know. But I got an automatic reply on her email because she was on vacation all week 🙄 maybe I will hear back from her today. 

yes! i was emailing her last week and she gave me an update on my app. but she said it would be this week before she reached out again bc of vacation. hopefully we will hear something this week since they have already started offering interviews! 🙏🏻 

They will not send out any rejections until later on. I believe their last interview dates are in October, but don’t quote me on it. I applied last year and I believe they made final decisions before thanksgiving, so even if you apply early you can get an interview further down the line! 

10 hours ago, TTT87 said:

They will not send out any rejections until later on. I believe their last interview dates are in October, but don’t quote me on it. I applied last year and I believe they made final decisions before thanksgiving, so even if you apply early you can get an interview further down the line! 

I'm trying to stay hopeful but I hope they haven't just tossed me in the no pile and aren't letting people know 🙄 This drug out process is the worst!

2 hours ago, tripleL said:

@CrossLakeDietitian same, when did you get the email saying your application is complete and under review? 

I got it July 5, the same day I submitted my supplemental application.  I don't think my Casper results were in my then though.  I took the Casper June 16 and didn't receive my email about those results until July 14.  The waiting is horrible!

5 hours ago, CrossLakeDietitian said:

I'm trying to stay hopeful but I hope they haven't just tossed me in the no pile and aren't letting people know 🙄 This drug out process is the worst!

From my experience, a lot of schools will not confirm a rejection without an interview until after the deadline of the application for the school. They have certain deadlines and will reach out after all their interview dates if you’re a candidate for an interview or not. I wouldn’t stress too much and would continue to apply to other schools too unless LSU Shreveport is the only school you want to attend! 

Well now I definitely think I'm probably sitting in the no pile since I submitted so early.  I know they are already calling for interviews and I have heard nothing.  Unfortunately LSU Shreveport is my only option since we cannot move.  Maybe I'll get a surprise later but I'm not getting my hopes up.  It was my first time applying anyway.