Franklin Pierce (Hybrid) ‘22-‘23 cycle

Hi! I received an email that my application was received from CASPA yesterday, and the same day (around 10pm at night, weird haha) I received an email that my application has passed the first base-line review, and is receiving the more in-depth review. Good luck to everybody! I have had a lot of luck getting my questions answered quickly by Pam via email, so let me know if you still have questions about anything, I might have the answer! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, Vlo915 said:

I've looked everywhere on the programs website, but I could not find the timeline for the program. Does anyone know when the program would start the first term? 🤔

Do you know if people with less hours will probably not have a chance. I worked as a med assistant and she said it won’t counts. 

2 minutes ago, SierraMohr said:

Calculation, as in GPA? Or the type of class? 

My GPA meets all of the requirements and so do the courses. This is what the person emailed me citing the FAQ:

DO YOU ACCEPT TERM, QUARTER OR SEMESTER CREDITS?

We accept all forms of credit (Term, Quarter and Semester) for pre-requisite coursework. However, number of attempted credits, as calculated by CASPA, must meet the minimum credit requirement for each pre-requisite course. Please note, credits awarded in CASPA may differ from those awarded by your institution’s credit system.

5 minutes ago, LadyPliny said:

My GPA meets all of the requirements and so do the courses. This is what the person emailed me citing the FAQ:

We accept all forms of credit (Term, Quarter and Semester) for pre-requisite coursework. However, number of attempted credits, as calculated by CASPA, must meet the minimum credit requirement for each pre-requisite course. Please note, credits awarded in CASPA may differ from those awarded by your institution’s credit system.

Have you looked at what CASPA has calculated vs what you entered in? I seems like CASPA isn't considering your credit number for one of the pre reqs. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LadyPliny said:

For the prerequisite section in the franklin specific section did you add all the classes for your prerequisites? Maybe there’s a class that they are not considering as a prerequisite?

3 minutes ago, Vlo915 said:

For the prerequisite section in the franklin specific section did you add all the classes for your prerequisites? Maybe there’s a class that they are not considering as a prerequisite?

Yep, they are saying none of my prerequisites count except for the ones with an A grade. Super weird. I asked them if this is a mistake of some kind or if it’s just because I’m from a quarter grading system. 

5 minutes ago, LadyPliny said:

Yep, they are saying none of my prerequisites count except for the ones with an A grade. Super weird. I asked them if this is a mistake of some kind or if it’s just because I’m from a quarter grading system. 

That’s crazy…. Because a “C” is the minimum they have on their website…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LAmoney said:

This may be a long shot but isn’t the first cohort starting this month? I wonder how supported they feel? Any of y’all know anybody in it?

Honestly, this program seems like such a mess. The communication is so poor, there is so much confusion on their requirements, they are super weird with placements (kinda seems like there’s a good chance you’ll be placed in Arizona or Texas, which defeats the purpose of a online program). When you compare this program to something like Pitt it is a night and day difference, in a bad way. I hope for everyone applying this program, that it is a last resort type of school lol. I can’t imagine how disorganized their actual program is if their admission process is this annoying. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WinnieB13 said:

Honestly, this program seems like such a mess. The communication is so poor, there is so much confusion on their requirements, they are super weird with placements (kinda seems like there’s a good chance you’ll be placed in Arizona or Texas, which defeats the purpose of a online program). When you compare this program to something like Pitt it is a night and day difference, in a bad way. I hope for everyone applying this program, that it is a last resort type of school lol. I can’t imagine how disorganized their actual program is if their admission process is this annoying. 

Being a brand new program, you can't expect perfection. They are going to have quirks and problems. If you look at there original program in New Hampshire they are a great program and have had much success. I've attached the pass rates here. Keep in mind this is the first hybrid PA program that I have seen and I'm sure there have been a lot of obstacles to begin a program like this. 

Screenshot_20221105-110231_Drive.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinnieB13 said:

I did some searching and I think I found last years forum. I think for the people starting in Nov. they had the same trouble with communication. The school does struggle with that maybe because they get lots of emails but still. There is also another school I applied to that till this day I have not heard back from communication wise so they aren’t alone. However once the time came interviews started and I saw people getting accepted in the last year forum and they seemed excited. I’m from Texas so this school having sites in Texas would be good for me but I understand you lol. You just have to choose a hybrid program for you. I have been accepted into another hybrid program that has sites in Cali and Texas (not in my area though) so you just have to see. Hopefully once interviews start we can get to see who they are but I kind of want this school because they are cheaper and the sites are in my city. The first year is online but the sites are second year. Let’s just all see how interview goes and see how they are.