Northern Arizona University Interviews

I applied in June and just recently emailed them to see where they are in their process and make sure my information was received. I was told that they are starting to review applications this week and invites will be extended soon via email. Hope this helps! I am glad you posted this emkayare because I too was hoping for NAU to be added to the school list soon. :) Hopefully we can keep each other updated here.

I was also told that when NAU was added to CASPA this year they failed to put under the supplemental application tab "yes" leaving many people to believe that only the CASPA application was required. NAU needs you to fill out and submit the graduate school application for their school as well. It doesn't take long and is mostly logistical information (previous school transcripts, what program you are applying to, etc). I am not 100% sure that you will still get an interview if you haven't submitted both applications. I heard the same as fdamico1985 that they will be sending invites soon and the interviews will start next month. Good Luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!! I am currently a PA student & the president for our class!! I just want to take a quick break from studying and let you know that you should most definitely take up an offer to interview with the faculty. The school is by far the nicest I have seen. Our faculty is incredible, our anatomy lab is INSANE and I am honestly so so so happy I chose to go here! I interviewed at AT Still & Midwestern and loved both programs however, meeting with the faculty I knew this was the program for me. I can go on and on about how incredible the program is but I think you need to see for yourself!! Best of luck to you all and I hope to meet some of you soon at your interviews! :)

You are very welcome! I am not too sure how the interview will be this year because when I interviewed we only had a blue print of the school to see and you guys will be getting a tour from current students or the faculty! Did I mention yet how amazing the building is!? For my interview we had a brief overview of the program-cost of tuition, classes, etc then we wrote an essay. I think my topic was something like "tell me about a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure at work or school and what did you do about it?" Then we interviewed (individual interview) with the faculty and Mr. Dehn the program director (who is by far one of the sweetest, nicest, and smartest men I've ever met!) I left my interview so excited about the program and just crossing my fingers that I got chosen because the faculty really made me feel welcomed, and they were completely up front and honest with me from the start. I didn't ever once feel like they were trying to be intimidating, no ethical questions (they may change that) they were more concerned with getting to know me as a person, find out why I wanted to be a PA, and where life had taken me prior to PA school. All of my classmates shared the same feelings about it being laid back and just basically a conversation between you and 5 really incredible faculty who are still so so excited about this program. I think that's one of the best things about this program is how hard they work to make sure we are all doing well, understanding things, and know we can come and talk to them. It's a small class size and all 25 of us come from a whole variety of backgrounds, which is amazing because it means we can help each other out and we all bring something different to the mix. I am one of the youngest, but I still feel like I can relate to my classmates that are 10, 15, even 20 years older than me. I hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else! Hope to meet you all on the 8th! :)

Can you offer any insight on how your interview went?

Thank you so much hannigan! Such useful and exciting information :D Our invite said we will be interviewing in a group, 3 faculty to 2 interviewees and also an individual interview with Mr. Dehn as well as the writing portion. That it good to know that they really try to get to know you. All interviews are so different so it is hard to prepare for each school, wondering are they going to focus on things in my PS, my app, or throw generalized questions at you why PA, why this school etc. Thank you again for you insight! It is very helpful. What is your name if you don't mind me asking so I can say hello on the 8th. Also, another quick question - do you mind sharing how much your loans have been for the program? Since it is the first public AZ program the cost seems to be significantly less and that is always a plus. Talk to you soon!

I'm so glad it helped! My name is Grace and we have anatomy lab Monday & Wednesday so we will be running around with scrubs on :) probably trying to warm up from the freezing cadaver lab. I am actually not the right person to ask about loans because I have no idea. I do know our cost of tuition was a LOT less than any of the other programs I was applying to (midwestern is like twice the cost and AT still is about 20K more). I believe most of my classmates that took out loans gave a decent amount to cover the cost of living expenses and tuition but they can probably give you a better idea about that! You also will probably receive a talk by one of the faculty members regarding financial aid too! Sorry I can't help more! I'm glad my insight was helpful though and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :) goodluck!!

soooo how did it go?! I just said hi to the last group of you touring with Mr. Enking as I was headed to the library but I hope you all had a good experience today and found the interview informative and fun!! (maybe fun isn't the best word) the faculty seemed really impressed by you all!! :)

Grace sure said everything right. I was one of the students answering questions today to your group of interviewees. Fun to see the second class already interviewing. Here is a link to our facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/NAUPAprogram Not much activity on there yet, but we may be able to answer questions quicker than this PA forum. Hope you guys liked the program and the school! Feel free to ask ANY question.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived