• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How soon after the first round of interviews do they usually call for the 2nd? I too am very interested in the NHSC scholarship and wanted to get an idea of the time frame to submit the paperwork.

Also I understand the first interview will be a panel. What is the format for the 2nd?

Thanks all - you are very helpful.

LESH, I'm excited to be intervewing towards the end of this month. If chosen for the 2nd interview process, approximately how much time would one be notified in-between each interview? (days, weeks..., etc.).

I'm also interested in applying for the NHSC Scholarship, however the deadline is May 12.

much appreciated!

We should have the class picked before the deadline. It will be close but we will be done.

Hello,

So how does the two interview process work? What is trying to be gleaned at both? Also, will those who are chosen be notified in time to fill out applications for the NHSC scholarships? From what I've read about those they can't be submitted until after a person has been accepted in to a program.

One last question I have is what are the class schedules like in the 1st and 2nd year. Thanks,

Class schedules for didactic and clinicals are stated on the PA program brochure available on the SJVC website.

1st year all day every day, 2nd year all day every day lol. Seriously, the schedule will change from what is stated on the website so plan to be flexible. They are working PA's teaching so the schedule has to fit their schedules. The faculty will make every attempt but at the end of the day you have to realize you signed up for 2 years so plan accordingly. 1st year class time about 40+ hours per week M-F, study time 60-80 per week. 2nd year clinical rotations M-Th 8-10 hours per day or more but at the least 32 hours then Friday class time will vary according to the needs of the class. 2nd year if the clinic is open then your expected to be there. It's worth it though all the blood, sweat and tears, its still worth it.

1st year all day every day, 2nd year all day every day lol. Seriously, the schedule will change from what is stated on the website so plan to be flexible. They are working PA's teaching so the schedule has to fit their schedules. The faculty will make every attempt but at the end of the day you have to realize you signed up for 2 years so plan accordingly. 1st year class time about 40+ hours per week M-F, study time 60-80 per week. 2nd year clinical rotations M-Th 8-10 hours per day or more but at the least 32 hours then Friday class time will vary according to the needs of the class. 2nd year if the clinic is open then your expected to be there. It's worth it though all the blood, sweat and tears, its still worth it.

Hahaha. Why did this just put a smile on my face and get me excited for the opportunity? Sounds like an amazing challenge.

Hahaha. Why did this just put a smile on my face and get me excited for the opportunity? Sounds like an amazing challenge.

Yeah this just made me super excited! Hoping to hear back with good news soon!

Yeah this just made me super excited! Hoping to hear back with good news soon!

Archived