While there are some professors who prefer that you have the physical book, no one so far has told us that we could not use the ebook version. There are some classes where the physical book is preferable. Physiology is a great example. We used a book by Guyton & Hall. You would not see any of us without our Guyton in hand. However, for other classes we mostly use the ebook version of the required texts. If you decide to get the ebook, make sure you buy them instead of renting them for a year since they will be needed for your end of year didactic exam. They are also helpful resources for studying for your boards after graduation. Also, Ashley gave good advice. Heed her words. The competition is over. Your goal now is to help each other out in order to graduate as a unit. July 9 is right around the corner. Can't wait to meet you all. Btw, my name is Yessenia.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iPad is great. Online exception of books you need physical is Harrison's (that's for next spring, summer fall and forever) and Guyton . They are both available as PDFs , and I have adapted to using them. I used to be a paper and pen person but I just found that I studied more when I had all my stuff with me at all times on my iPad. These books are too heavy to carry all the time and you'll find yourself putting them in your locker and then you are without it on the train, or in class. Better to have access to both until you figure out what works best for you. And remember, what works for you won't work for someone else. Try to learn from other people's study methods and try to share yours to those who are willing to adapt and change their methods. Also, don't resist the iPad lol. Many people didn't think they could afford it but by the beginning of summer semester, over 75 percent of our class has a laptop or iPad. It would of been easier to give in from the beginning and use loan money or get it as a Christmas present. I got the iPad mini because I couldn't afford the full iPad or a laptop. Some people got cheaper tablets of other name brands.

• 9 months later...

Archived