2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I’m an incoming Touro CA student starting in a few weeks. Just wanted to pop on here and wish everyone the best of luck 🙂

Also don’t panic if you don’t hear back for a while; I didn’t get my interview invite from them until mid September for a November interview! They continue interviewing all the way through March/April. 

Sending good vibes 👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, alysd said:

Hey guys! I’m an incoming Touro CA student starting in a few weeks. Just wanted to pop on here and wish everyone the best of luck 🙂

Also don’t panic if you don’t hear back for a while; I didn’t get my interview invite from them until mid September for a November interview! They continue interviewing all the way through March/April. 

Sending good vibes 👍🏼

Hi! Thanks for chiming in. When did you apply/get verified out of curiosity? 

3 hours ago, amlss303 said:

Hi! Thanks for chiming in. When did you apply/get verified out of curiosity? 

Late July 

I recall they did some interviews earlier in the season than mine, which included some folks who applied early, however it wasn’t all in sequence as some folks who applied early got invited to interviews later in the cycle too. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anonymoushelix said:

Took me a while to find this thread, but i received a rejection letter on 7/19! Good luck everybody!

Aww I’m so sorry to hear that 😞 wishing you the best of luck on the other apps. It’s so early in the cycle! Would you mind sharing your stats/when you submitted? I haven’t even received a confirmation email and I was verified on 6/16 😰

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, creamcheeese said:

I also submitted on 7/2 and haven't heard anything 😞 

Hang in there guys! Last year I didn't get my interview invite until mid September.

Many of my classmates didn't interview until between November to March. 

It's a long wait, but hopefully will be worth it!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 1:11 PM, alysd said:

Sending good vibes 👍🏼

Do you know if they send out acceptances as they interview or wait until everyone has completed interviews to send out acceptances? When did you find out you were accepted? 

32 minutes ago, 4ankhe said:

Do you know if they send out acceptances as they interview or wait until everyone has completed interviews to send out acceptances? When did you find out you were accepted? 

Hey! They do acceptance offers after each interview. Most of us found out within 10 days or so of our interview. I got accepted from a November interview.

They waitlist some others from the interviews who simply weren’t their top choice, but might consider again later. Some of my classmates got in off that list. 

Touro continues interviewing all the way through March or April, and then continues to draw off the wait list throughout the summer.  
Hope that helps! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sashamichelle said:

For one of their supplemental questions, they're asking "Other than those already listed in your application, please list your specific experiences working with a physician assistant" What if I had already listed everything in CASPA? How do I approach this question?

Hey! So there is different ways to do this, so feel free to do what feels right for you, but what I did was literally just make a list. For example - 

"Pediatric PA, outpatient pediatric clinic, Medical Assistant 400 hours"

"ENT PA, outpatient clinic, Medical Scribe 150 hours" 

etc. Hope that helps!

On 8/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, 4ankhe said:

Hey there! Also a PA-S1 with @alysd 🙂 and wanted to chime in with my timeline:
- Applied 11/1/21 (yes, day of deadline) about 45 min before 8:59PM.
- Interview invite on 3/2/22 for an interview on 3/22/22 (2nd to last interview date)
- Waitlisted on 4/8/22 (email)
- Received the acceptance call on 5/16/22 🥳

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS CYCLE! I know it's a rollercoaster of emotions, but try your best to trust the process. It sounds super cheesy, but it'll happen when it's your time and everything you've done to lead up to this point will be very much worth the blood, sweat, and tears ❤️ 

• Like 1