2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, FuturePyAy said:

I got placed on the standby list : / which I assume is the same as a waitlist. I’m debating on if I should email the school and see what are my chances of being accepted… Any advice?

When I interviewed with them I actually asked them about their waitlist process and they said they don’t start a “waitlist” until all the seats for the class are full. The standby list just means they are fully willing to accept you but there aren’t any seats left to put you in. The admissions staff are super nice and willing to answer any questions so don’t hesitate to reach out to them for more clarification! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aspiringpa2037 said:

When I interviewed with them I actually asked them about their waitlist process and they said they don’t start a “waitlist” until all the seats for the class are full. The standby list just means they are fully willing to accept you but there aren’t any seats left to put you in. The admissions staff are super nice and willing to answer any questions so don’t hesitate to reach out to them for more clarification! 

Thank you for your reply! Does this mean that a standby list comes before a waitlist? I also reached out to an admissions staff member via email since I am still a bit confused on the difference between the two. 😅

1 minute ago, FuturePyAy said:

Thank you for your reply! Does this mean that a standby list comes before a waitlist? I also reached out to an admissions staff member via email since I am still a bit confused on the difference between the two. 😅

They only have a standby list, it is kind of confusing I had to have a whole conversations with admissions before I completely understood. But basically they don’t do the traditional waitlist that most schools do. If there’s seats open in the class, the decision is either accepted or rejected, no waitlist option. Once the class is full, they still evaluate and interview people and if they’d typically accept them, they’re placed on the standby list until a seat opens up. I hope that makes sense! I believe they end up taking a good amount of people off of the standby list but admissions will explain all of that to you as well! 

4 minutes ago, aspiringpa2037 said:

They only have a standby list, it is kind of confusing I had to have a whole conversations with admissions before I completely understood. But basically they don’t do the traditional waitlist that most schools do. If there’s seats open in the class, the decision is either accepted or rejected, no waitlist option. Once the class is full, they still evaluate and interview people and if they’d typically accept them, they’re placed on the standby list until a seat opens up. I hope that makes sense! I believe they end up taking a good amount of people off of the standby list but admissions will explain all of that to you as well! 

Yes! It makes sense now. Thank you for explaining! : ))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...