Pre-PA heavily interested in internal medicine/inpatient care

Guest carolanimal

Guest carolanimal

Hey all!

I've been reading this section of the pa board a bit for awhile. I'm currently a respiratory therapist applying for PA school. Any recommendations for things I should look for or ways I can continue to steer myself towards working in internal medicine?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Not an expert or anything (I'm on my Internal Med rotation right now). Just thinking, when you get into PA School it is a required rotation and how you'll have time to network/build relationships and go after any job you want. Can't think of anything special you would do before getting in. Are you in a hospital environment now? If so, you're already building those relationships & shadowing Hospitalist PAs right?

Best :)

Hey all!

I've been reading this section of the pa board a bit for awhile. I'm currently a respiratory therapist applying for PA school. Any recommendations for things I should look for or ways I can continue to steer myself towards working in internal medicine?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

PA education is generalist in nature and focuses on IM/FP or PC. If you mean IM as in hospitalist, you will get an inpt IM rotation. When you graduate you can apply for any available PA job if it is open to new graduates.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Archived