2022-2023 Cycle

On 6/12/2022 at 12:36 AM, EastinH said:

Does anyone know when you receive the supplement application? Do you receive the application once the CASPA is completed?

They will email you the supplemental application. I was CASPA verified on May 20th and just received an email today saying they are going to send me the supplemental within 3 days. If you've been verified, you will probably be getting an email soon 🙂

2 hours ago, pbennett1410 said:

They will email you the supplemental application. I was CASPA verified on May 20th and just received an email today saying they are going to send me the supplemental within 3 days. If you've been verified, you will probably be getting an email soon 🙂

Thank you this was a big help!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my supplemental email the last week of May with a deadline of June 30th to complete. It was pretty straight forward nothing as complicated as CASPA. Good luck everyone! 

I am wondering if we will all be waiting till the fall to hear about interviews. I know they don't conduct them until November/December, but it would be nice to have a range of when we might get an invite. 

@EastinH I would just reassure them that you will try and gain as much experience as possible within this time frame and I would show that you did some shadowing hours as well. Because most, if not all, require some amount of PCE before you apply because they want to see that you're invested and want to work in health care. But ya, you'll really just have to reassure them that this is what you want to do. Best of luck to ya! Let me know if you need any more help! 👌

On 7/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, Zildjian311 said:

@EastinH I would just reassure them that you will try and gain as much experience as possible within this time frame and I would show that you did some shadowing hours as well. Because most, if not all, require some amount of PCE before you apply because they want to see that you're invested and want to work in health care. But ya, you'll really just have to reassure them that this is what you want to do. Best of luck to ya! Let me know if you need any more help! 👌

Thank you for the help I appreciate it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, JoPa0323 said:

I also received an email with an interview date on Dec 2. I was getting worried since I hadn’t heard from them. This will be my third interview this year (second Interview in person) so excited. I see I’ll be seeing some of you on that day! 😁 Goodluck everyone 

If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats?

5 hours ago, Huskers24 said:

If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats?

Well I don’t think I’m super competitive but I worked hard to better my stats. I have a 3.5 overall gpa, 3.65 science gpa,  ochem undergrad research, 1200 hours of community service at a homeless shelter, 500 hours as an ER volunteer, 100 hours at a school, 150 shadowing hours and 2200 hours as a medical assistant. A letter of rec from my ochem Professor, one from a PA, and one from homeless shelter director 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:28 AM, JoPa0323 said:

Well I don’t think I’m super competitive but I worked hard to better my stats. I have a 3.5 overall gpa, 3.65 science gpa,  ochem undergrad research, 1200 hours of community service at a homeless shelter, 500 hours as an ER volunteer, 100 hours at a school, 150 shadowing hours and 2200 hours as a medical assistant. A letter of rec from my ochem Professor, one from a PA, and one from homeless shelter director 

lol ok dude

On 10/24/2022 at 6:07 PM, Huskers24 said:

What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

3.54 overall GPA, 3.41 Science GPA, 8500 hours working as an EMT, 1200 hours working as an ER tech, 100 PA shadowing hours, 2100 hours of a variety of volunteering. Letters from Doctor/professor, PA, ER manager, and Fire Chief.

Actually applied here last year and didn't get an interview. Since then, I bettered my sGPA and oGPA a little by retaking a few classes I had gotten C's in and got A's. Added on the ER tech hours this cycle and added some more volunteering and shadowing hours. 

Edited by browens3pa

• 3 weeks later...

Received an interview this morning for December 13th. I'm super upset that I may have to pass on this interview since it's in person.... I just don't know if I can financially afford the travel.... Flight is $500 minimum if I book today, hotel is at least $200, cost of Uber and all that will add up.. Probably will all come out to $1000. I just don't have much right now. 

I feel so stuck.