2022-2023 WSU APPLICATION CYCLE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RMLPA said:

Hey guys! So I submitted my CASPA way back on 05/31/22 and realized that the WSU Grad App for the 2022/23 cycle wasn't available until 09/08/22. So in the meantime, I started a WSU Grade App for the 2021/22 cycle just to see what the grad app included. I put in all my info and everything and then just left it hanging for months since it was for the previous cycle. Now that the Grad App opened for the 2022/23 cycle today, I went in and started a Grad App for this cycle and submitted it this afternoon. I got an email confirming they got it and with instructions to log in to my WSU grade app account where I could track the progress of my application and had some documents that I needed to upload, but it looks like my documents from my previous cycles app are somehow in my app for this current cycle. I am confused on if the documents just carried over or how it all works. For anyone else who submitted the Grad App, did you also get this email and does your account also look like this when you log in? 

I attached a screen but redacted names of people and college for privacy. 1313408733_ScreenShot2022-09-08at9_01_29PM.thumb.png.b8df5b6fee3750e9eeeffa60014af04c.png

I believe you have to contact WSU grad admissions, which is what they sent out on an email a couple of months ago. GradAdmissions@wayne.edu. I also finished the GradCAS yesterday and am wondering from whom did you receive an email from confirming they got it and how were you able to see the checklist?

On 9/8/2022 at 6:07 PM, RMLPA said:

Hey guys! So I submitted my CASPA way back on 05/31/22 and realized that the WSU Grad App for the 2022/23 cycle wasn't available until 09/08/22. So in the meantime, I started a WSU Grade App for the 2021/22 cycle just to see what the grad app included. I put in all my info and everything and then just left it hanging for months since it was for the previous cycle. Now that the Grad App opened for the 2022/23 cycle today, I went in and started a Grad App for this cycle and submitted it this afternoon. I got an email confirming they got it and with instructions to log in to my WSU grade app account where I could track the progress of my application and had some documents that I needed to upload, but it looks like my documents from my previous cycles app are somehow in my app for this current cycle. I am confused on if the documents just carried over or how it all works. For anyone else who submitted the Grad App, did you also get this email and does your account also look like this when you log in? 

I attached a screen but redacted names of people and college for privacy. 1313408733_ScreenShot2022-09-08at9_01_29PM.thumb.png.b8df5b6fee3750e9eeeffa60014af04c.png

image.png.f1e0e809d53e5b28d3371f01bc7c20cb.png

This is what my checklist looks like, I'm very confused as to why they don't have the unofficial transcripts from GradCAS and the official transcripts from CASPA.

4 hours ago, PASstudent101 said:

Where are you guys able to see this checklist?

Hi there, I believe it you go to WSU admissions page their is a link to their grad app where you can log in with the email and password you used to create your GradCAS app and thats where you can see your checklist, but you should also get an email with a link to it as well. 

14 hours ago, ChelseaPrePA said:

image.png.f1e0e809d53e5b28d3371f01bc7c20cb.png

This is what my checklist looks like, I'm very confused as to why they don't have the unofficial transcripts from GradCAS and the official transcripts from CASPA.

I just logged into mine today and mine was updated with everything I submitted and all my LORs too, except the one thing still missing in my official transcripts as well. I am confused about this as well. I wonder if is there something I need to do on my end so that they receive my official transcripts, or if they will get them from my CASPA. I might wait a few more days to see if my app gets updated and if not then I will probably call in a few days to make sure theres nothing left to do on my end. 

In what format did you guys submit your unofficial transcript to GradCas? I have tried as a pdf, jpeg, png, and none of them have been successful. I keep getting this message: Your file failed to upload. This may have been because it was too small and looks like an empty file. It may also have been because your file is locked, or a file of the same type is already uploaded. If it is locked, please remove the security (using e.g. http://www.pdfunlock.com/) and then re-try your upload"

Is anyone having the same issue, or have any tips? Thanks

13 minutes ago, PAgirl66 said:

In what format did you guys submit your unofficial transcript to GradCas? I have tried as a pdf, jpeg, png, and none of them have been successful. I keep getting this message: Your file failed to upload. This may have been because it was too small and looks like an empty file. It may also have been because your file is locked, or a file of the same type is already uploaded. If it is locked, please remove the security (using e.g. http://www.pdfunlock.com/) and then re-try your upload"

Is anyone having the same issue, or have any tips? Thanks

I ended up having to Command + P on the webpage viewing my unofficial transcript. Then in the box where you would select a printer it will give an option to convert to pdf! I saved and then uploaded that and it worked. 

61EFF460-1D36-425E-86F6-D674757D33CA.jpeg

Edited by KateYo

19 hours ago, GreatLakesPA said:

Hi there, I believe it you go to WSU admissions page their is a link to their grad app where you can log in with the email and password you used to create your GradCAS app and thats where you can see your checklist, but you should also get an email with a link to it as well. 

I have already submitted my GradCAS application and when I click on check status, it only shoes "completed" in green. I don't have any way to see all the checklist. Is there somewhere I have to click to find it?

For everyone who is wondering about their official transcripts being added to their WSU grad app, I just called the graduate admissions department this afternoon and they told me that you have to go to your undergrad institution's credentialing service (Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) and order an official copy of your transcripts to be sent to Wayne State University - Graduate Admissions office (the code is 1898) and once they receive a copy of your official transcripts, they will be entered into your grad app. 

3 hours ago, GreatLakesPA said:

For everyone who is wondering about their official transcripts being added to their WSU grad app, I just called the graduate admissions department this afternoon and they told me that you have to go to your undergrad institution's credentialing service (Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) and order an official copy of your transcripts to be sent to Wayne State University - Graduate Admissions office (the code is 1898) and once they receive a copy of your official transcripts, they will be entered into your grad app. 

Thanks! Sometimes it feels like this school is doing the most. 😂

Hello everyone. I wanted to let those who submitted Spring Summer 2023 CAS and logged into their Wayne portal that Wayne is experiencing a glitch. If you accidentally submitted the 2022 application or it says your 2023 is incomplete - you are fine. There is nothing more that needs to be done if you have all your materials in. If you are accepted, they will want your offical transcripts most likely. Until then, you are all set! 

• Like 1