Hofstra 22-23

56 minutes ago, gr1999 said:

anyone know if its worth applying at this point? I know they usually dont accept people who applied after May and im wondering if its even worth my money 

I went to the open house and a prospective student asked this question. Believe it or not, they advised against applying and this was like two weeks ago... I guess anything is possible though

56 minutes ago, gpahl164 said:

I went to the open house and a prospective student asked this question. Believe it or not, they advised against applying and this was like two weeks ago... I guess anything is possible though

wow, thats so strange to me but okay! thank for the input. i dont think im going to apply then 

Prospective student asked “is it too late to apply” (about two weeks ago), the program representative said something along the lines of “yes.” Just check out threads from years in the past. This school, and some other schools take rolling admissions very seriously. I mean applying can never hurt if money isn’t a problem and I am just relaying what I known about this program…

7 hours ago, gpahl164 said:

Prospective student asked “is it too late to apply” (about two weeks ago), the program representative said something along the lines of “yes.” Just check out threads from years in the past. This school, and some other schools take rolling admissions very seriously. I mean applying can never hurt if money isn’t a problem and I am just relaying what I known about this program…

This is very helpful. Thank You 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 5:30 PM, gr1999 said:

anyone know if its worth applying at this point? I know they usually dont accept people who applied after May and im wondering if its even worth my money 

I heard from admissions that they rarely review applications that were submitted after the first or second week of June and that most seats are filled by people who applied no later than May. I did not submit in May...

11 hours ago, CariCarina said:

I heard from admissions that they rarely review applications that were submitted after the first or second week of June and that most seats are filled by people who applied no later than May. I did not submit in May...

I applied in last week of June. But I am still hoping to receive their response.

I know most of the people who apply after mid June don't receive interview call. By my friend submitted in July 13th last year, and she received the interview call. So there me a a very narrow chance, but at least some chance. Don't loose hope 🙂

Edited by Priyapatel04

11 hours ago, Priyapatel04 said:

I applied in last week of June. But I am still hoping to receive their response.

I know most of the people who apply after mid June don't receive interview call. By my friend submitted in July 13th last year, and she received the interview call. So there me a a very narrow chance, but at least some chance. Don't loose hope 🙂

That's nice to hear. Thank you for the encouragement.

8 hours ago, FLPA1997 said:

Has anyone heard back?

i saw some "prepaconsultants" account on insta post that one of their "students" (aka people who pay for their services) got an interview invite but im kinda sketched about it because 1 i havent heard of anyone else getting an interview so that may be a saved screenshot from last year and 2 the guy who runs prepaconsultants is in his clinical year at hofstra... so maybe that connection got the person an interview before anyone else. I would truly hope that that wouldn't be the case considering people work so hard for these interviews and its not fair for that person to get in just because they paid for the guys service but of course everything is about who you know!

On 7/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, FLPA1997 said:

Has anyone heard back?

I heard from Hofstra on July 15th asking whether or not I was still interested in the program, and to email my name and “yes” or “no” to one of the faculty members asap. They said that they were beginning to review “my grouping of applications” but know that some students already committed to other schools, and wanted to take out the applicants that are no longer interested. I applied really early May— I don’t remember the exact date and if there’s a way to find on CASPA the exact date I applied let me know (but probably before May 5th). So it seems that they’re starting to review applications now. Also- that email went to my clutter

On 7/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, itsmackenziem said:

I heard from Hofstra on July 15th asking whether or not I was still interested in the program, and to email my name and “yes” or “no” to one of the faculty members asap. They said that they were beginning to review “my grouping of applications” but know that some students already committed to other schools, and wanted to take out the applicants that are no longer interested. I applied really early May— I don’t remember the exact date and if there’s a way to find on CASPA the exact date I applied let me know (but probably before May 5th). So it seems that they’re starting to review applications now. Also- that email went to my clutter

thank you!!! can you let us know what happens going forward? I submitted first week of june, hoping for the best !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...