ISU is expanding

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a 1st year. I love PA school. It's tough, but I think it's one of the best choices I ever made, and I love medicine. I am glad I chose the Meridian site vs. Pokie. The weather is much better here for me, and there is more to do. You can do the city and outdoor stuff. The VTCs felt natural to me, actually. I don't feel that it detracts from my learning at all, as it is real time, and we also have professors here in Meridian. Probably the only thing I wish I had done different was take a Patho class in undergrad. I had no base in Patho, and my learning curve is steep.

• 1 year later...

There will be 30 slots in Meridian, 30 in Pocatello, and actually 12 slots are now slated for the College of Idaho site--72 total. You are required to pick your preference when interviewed, but your site choice does not determine whether you are accepted or not--you're offered one of the 72 slots, I assume, then I assume it's first come first served as they make offers as to what site you get. I know offers can be made as soon as 3 days after interviewing, so I also assume that is when site choices are filled. The program is still working through tuition specifics for the CofI site as it will be a blending of a private college site with a state school program which could be a challenge to figure out!

Archived