Avoid Sharp Grossmont

This hospital and their ER and urgent care are recruiting new grads. Avoid this hospital like the plague. Their management is extremely toxic and downright evil to their PAs. They treat PAs like trash and are offering a “residency” paying $30 per hour with no actual promise to hire. Most if not all the docs there do not work well with PAs. Word of caution. Spread the word. Good luck in the job hunt but choose the first job wisely. 

• Like 1

I can’t find anything online.

Residency shouldn’t be paying by the hour because you aren’t there to “pick up shifts.” You are there to learn. You have a set shift, a set academic time, and a set down time to not burn out. It should only be a salary structure. Further, how are they supposed to pay you by the hour when doing an off service rotation or say a research elective? This sounds like an onboard program. I appreciate the quotation marks around residency because this doesn’t sound like one.

Residency should not guarantee, and not coerce into, a position. It is a way gaining knowledge and skills to better your overall career and ability, not an onboarding program. Now if it’s otherwise solid and they pay well afterward, I suppose I could over look this.

• Upvote 1