Shenandoah Application Cycle 2022-2023

22 minutes ago, STE248 said:

I applied in July and haven't heard anything since July. Anyone else not heard anything that applied around then?

Me! I applied late July and have not heard anything other than my application was forwarded for faculty review. This was my number school choice so I’m pretty bummed I haven’t heard anything.

9 minutes ago, bjacks21 said:

Me! I applied late July and have not heard anything other than my application was forwarded for faculty review. This was my number school choice so I’m pretty bummed I haven’t heard anything.

I’m in the same boat. But on the bright side, the second interview isn’t until 10/28 and there is a third round in November. It doesn’t look like they’ve sent all the invites for the second round yet. The school was on fall break until today so I’m sure they’re playing catch-up right now. Don’t lose hope 🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hsn2023 said:

I got interview for 10/28. I confirmed to go in person but I have not received their confirmation after this. Do you guys know how long does it take to get a response from them?

Not sure haven’t heard back anything after filling the form and I did it last Friday. 

On 9/25/2022 at 2:01 PM, Alfred99 said:

Hey! Their interview format was more relaxed than with other schools I have interviewed with. I was one of the virtual interviewers so my experience could have been a little different than those who interviewed in person. We all began with a showcasing of the school/program then moved into a breakout room where we had a presentation on the MPH dual program. I had two separate individual interviews w two faculty members and one student alumni. I would say it definitely felt more like a conversation than an interrogation 🙂 They truly want you to be yourself and answer questions honestly, and they want to determine if you are a good fit for their program based on their core values. We concluded the day with a Q&A with current PA-S who could answer questions about what it's like to live in and attend school in Winchester and Leesburg. Overall, a pretty standard interview process! Private message me if you have any questions!

Hey! Was the virtual interview from 8-4?

For those who went for an in person interview on the Leesburg campus. What is the traffic and parking situation like. Is there a designated parking for interview candidates or do I need to purchase a permit ahead of time. Also I hope there’s signs and people to help us to get where we need to. I’m pretty good at getting lost so want to cover all ends before going there

For anyone who was waitlisted after the first interview- did the email give you the impression that they won't begin pulling from the waitlist until after initial interviews are completed? In the session they said the list is dynamic and that they often accept waitlisted individuals after the next round of invites. Just trying to manage my expectations..

3 hours ago, Sushipanda said:

Same and that’s making me anxious I cannot talk for 2 hours. I don’t think they’ll give us a break in between interviews. Also everyone? It says individual so who’s everyone 😅🥲

Oh haha I meant maybe each individual take turns getting interviewed during the two hours! I can’t imagine that they would interview one person for 2 hours ? Right 😅

On 10/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, Sushipanda said:

For those who went for an in person interview on the Leesburg campus. What is the traffic and parking situation like. Is there a designated parking for interview candidates or do I need to purchase a permit ahead of time. Also I hope there’s signs and people to help us to get where we need to. I’m pretty good at getting lost so want to cover all ends before going there

I went there last year for the information session. Traffic around the area is bad during rush hour (8-9 AM) so since we are starting at 8, I would not be too worried about traffic, always use Waze though just to be in the safe side. In terms of parking, there is a pretty big parking lot in the area and parking is free, no permit required. Once you enter the building, there should be a big sign stating which level to go to. 

• Like 1