Shenandoah Application Cycle 2022-2023

19 hours ago, aspiringpafrompa98 said:

Leesburg has a smaller class size, but overall I've found both groups of students love where they are attending classes. They sometimes travel to the other campus for class things like orientation and the white coat ceremony. Both cities are nice for living in, though I think Leesburg is a bit cheaper than Winchester typically (but I'm not positive). The campuses are only 40-50 minutes from one another so if you visit before committing to the program it would be reasonable to see both in one day!

Some insight from someone who has lived in the area for most of their life, Leesburg is more expensive and gives you a suburbia-city like feel, while  Winchester is rural. They are both great places to live and the people are friendly. If you want an area with more to do than Leesburg is for you. It is also about an hour away from DC/Georgetown. If you want more quiet living and a small town feel then Winchester is for you. You can’t go wrong with either.

Edited by bjacks21
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sushipanda said:

Hello everyone. For those who interviewed yesterday how did it go, also what was their interview format? Thanks !

Hey! Their interview format was more relaxed than with other schools I have interviewed with. I was one of the virtual interviewers so my experience could have been a little different than those who interviewed in person. We all began with a showcasing of the school/program then moved into a breakout room where we had a presentation on the MPH dual program. I had two separate individual interviews w two faculty members and one student alumni. I would say it definitely felt more like a conversation than an interrogation 🙂 They truly want you to be yourself and answer questions honestly, and they want to determine if you are a good fit for their program based on their core values. We concluded the day with a Q&A with current PA-S who could answer questions about what it's like to live in and attend school in Winchester and Leesburg. Overall, a pretty standard interview process! Private message me if you have any questions!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alfred99 said:

Hey! Their interview format was more relaxed than with other schools I have interviewed with. I was one of the virtual interviewers so my experience could have been a little different than those who interviewed in person. We all began with a showcasing of the school/program then moved into a breakout room where we had a presentation on the MPH dual program. I had two separate individual interviews w two faculty members and one student alumni. I would say it definitely felt more like a conversation than an interrogation 🙂 They truly want you to be yourself and answer questions honestly, and they want to determine if you are a good fit for their program based on their core values. We concluded the day with a Q&A with current PA-S who could answer questions about what it's like to live in and attend school in Winchester and Leesburg. Overall, a pretty standard interview process! Private message me if you have any questions!

Thanks 🙏🏼 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, Sushipanda said:

Hello everyone. For those who interviewed yesterday how did it go, also what was their interview format? Thanks !

1 on 1, then a 2 on 1. There were lots of students there and it was great to pick their brains and learn about the school and about their life as students and their career goals. This was my second interview and I thought it went much better than the first at another school. I had a great time talking to the staff and would really love to go to this school. They have a lot to offer. Best of luck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BucksPAHopeful said:

1 on 1, then a 2 on 1. There were lots of students there and it was great to pick their brains and learn about the school and about their life as students and their career goals. This was my second interview and I thought it went much better than the first at another school. I had a great time talking to the staff and would really love to go to this school. They have a lot to offer. Best of luck

Thank you so much 😊 best of luck to you too 

17 minutes ago, PrePAHelp1 said:

Do you think it is too late to apply this cycle? Can't decide if it's worth trying for

The deadline is October 1st so technically it’s not too late. They’ve had one round of interviews so far. If you meet their requirements and can afford it, apply. You never know if you don’t try. 

Did anyone who attended the 9/23 interview receive an email regarding campus preference yet? I thought they had mentioned some type of follow-up google form, and that a notification of acceptance would also include campus placement. 

I’m trying to gauge how long the first round decisions might take as I just got an acceptance elsewhere with a 2 week deadline for commitment. 

3 hours ago, srd11 said:

Did anyone who attended the 9/23 interview receive an email regarding campus preference yet? I thought they had mentioned some type of follow-up google form, and that a notification of acceptance would also include campus placement. 

I’m trying to gauge how long the first round decisions might take as I just got an acceptance elsewhere with a 2 week deadline for commitment. 

I didn’t get anything yet. I thought they said decisions within 2 weeks and campus preferences would be then. 

56 minutes ago, Sushipanda said:

When will the next invites come out does anyone know?

Just based off the past two interview cycles, invites could come between now and the following Monday. It also seems that folks got campus preference forms before being extended the offer, but all interviewees received the form.

edit: I meant acceptances sorry invites should probably come around the time the first batch of interviews get their acceptances. ~3 weeks before the interview I think 

Edited by BucksPAHopeful