Shenandoah Application Cycle 2022-2023

Did anyone else receive this email. Idk how to feel about it. Does this mean they just started looking at my application is this how rolling works, they go in the order they receive or something. Does this mean I’m still in the run, I feel so anxious but slightly relieved idk what’s wrong with me 😭

5CF19025-C0FF-46A0-B928-368C55A47296.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shanzeh said:

Did anyone else receive this email. Idk how to feel about it. Does this mean they just started looking at my application is this how rolling works, they go in the order they receive or something. Does this mean I’m still in the run, I feel so anxious but slightly relieved idk what’s wrong with me 😭

Take it as a good thing. They just sent interview invites out yesterday. Best of luck!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sushipanda said:

I got this email today as well!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Good Morning. Is anyone applying with a pass/fail grade on their transcript. I did it for Biochem and then this morning I got an email that said I did not fulfill my Biochem prerequisite and then I got another email saying I passed the preliminary review and application was forwarded to faculty for review like I’m so confused as to what’s going on. I have a screenshot from their website saying they’ll accept alternative grading for spring 2020-2021 so wanted to know if this happened to someone else as well. I hope they’re not holding it against me especially since they said it was ok, that’s the only reason I chose the alternative grading. I’ve kinda lost hope for this  cycle but this just maddening. If you’ve gotten this far thank you for reading my rant 

2 minutes ago, Sushipanda said:

Good Morning. Is anyone applying with a pass/fail grade on their transcript. I did it for Biochem and then this morning I got an email that said I did not fulfill my Biochem prerequisite and then I got another email saying I passed the preliminary review and application was forwarded to faculty for review like I’m so confused as to what’s going on. I have a screenshot from their website saying they’ll accept alternative grading for spring 2020-2021 so wanted to know if this happened to someone else as well. I hope they’re not holding it against me especially since they said it was ok, that’s the only reason I chose the alternative grading. I’ve kinda lost hope for this  cycle but this just maddening. If you’ve gotten this far thank you for reading my rant 

Hi! Not exactly the same situation but there was also some confusion on my biochem course. I received an email saying that it did not fulfill the prerequisite. I emailed them back with the syllabus and just asked them to confirm that the class had been evaluated. They emailed me back and got it sorted out. I hope this helps! 

5 minutes ago, Sushipanda said:

I emailed them too saying I already took it and it should be in my transcript and they just replied great thanks for the update so like am I in the clear? Should I email them the syllabus too?

I don’t think it would hurt! But hopefully you’re in the clear regardless! 

39 minutes ago, PrePAHelp1 said:

Does anyone know the difference between the Winchester and Leesburg campus? Is there a bigger campus life, class size, etc. on one of the campuses? I'm out of state and don't know much about either of the locations. I'm not sure what to select as a campus preference on campus..

I believe Winchester has 42 students and Leesburg has 18. Winchester is on the hospital campus about 10 minutes from the main campus. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, Sushipanda said:

I emailed them too saying I already took it and it should be in my transcript and they just replied great thanks for the update so like am I in the clear? Should I email them the syllabus too?

On 9/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, Musaom said:

Hi! Not exactly the same situation but there was also some confusion on my biochem course. I received an email saying that it did not fulfill the prerequisite. I emailed them back with the syllabus and just asked them to confirm that the class had been evaluated. They emailed me back and got it sorted out. I hope this helps! 

Hey so just as a side note, even if they don't take your biochem they are willing to take Orgo+lab to fulfill that requirement. So if yall took orgo you would be good to go either way. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, PrePAHelp1 said:

Does anyone know the difference between the Winchester and Leesburg campus? Is there a bigger campus life, class size, etc. on one of the campuses? I'm out of state and don't know much about either of the locations. I'm not sure what to select as a campus preference on campus..

Leesburg has a smaller class size, but overall I've found both groups of students love where they are attending classes. They sometimes travel to the other campus for class things like orientation and the white coat ceremony. Both cities are nice for living in, though I think Leesburg is a bit cheaper than Winchester typically (but I'm not positive). The campuses are only 40-50 minutes from one another so if you visit before committing to the program it would be reasonable to see both in one day!

On 9/16/2022 at 1:07 AM, CarlitosPA said:

Hey so just as a side note, even if they don't take your biochem they are willing to take Orgo+lab to fulfill that requirement. So if yall took orgo you would be good to go either way. 

I took orgo but unfortunately I did not get a good grade in it so I’m not hopeful about it