Shenandoah Application Cycle 2022-2023

Hello again! I just replied to your post on the RUC forum, and I now see you've begun this one as well so thank you!

How long after submitting your app did you receive instructions to set up SUNet with a receipt of application? I have yet to receive this though we submitted at the same time.

-Al

Hey, Hannah! I am new to applying to PA school; however, most places I have read suggest having a new essay for each school and each application cycle. I think some schools (including SUPA) do make note of re-applicants as it demonstrates resilience. If they remember your essay from the previous cycle, they may see it as a lack of effort that you did not alter it. My advice is to think and reflect on this past year and what you have gained from your experiences that contributes to you being a more-rounded and standout candidate for a spot in this program. I think it is perfectly acceptable if your story/essay includes much of the same information, but you should try to add to this. Maybe re-visit the core values of SUPA and see if the ones you had originally chosen are still the best to represent you. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, CarlitosPA said:

Received an email asking to verify that all my caspa info is correct 

Email finishes with "look forward to working with you" good news I guess😭😭😬

How did you respond to this email? I received the same one and it asks me to reply to the email with updated information. I do not have any information to update, so I am not exactly sure what I should be responding with...

On 6/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, cameronk3lly said:

How did you respond to this email? I received the same one and it asks me to reply to the email with updated information. I do not have any information to update, so I am not exactly sure what I should be responding with...

I responded by saying everything as mentioned in CASPA and in the email was correct 🙂

On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, cameronk3lly said:

I just told them that the info they have received from Caspa is correct. And then just copied and pasted the name/address/ect.. and sent that back to them as well🙌

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I received the verify caspa information email 06/27/22. I did not reply since all information was accurate but after reviewing this thread I did. However I am curious for those he received an email to setup SUNet did you guys receive the caspa email too, as well as how long after did this send that email. Thanks!

3 hours ago, edwyer18 said:

All I've gotten is that email asking to verify CASPA info. I never got any email from them verifying that they received it or an email about setting up SUNet even though I applied in early June. Do you think I should reach out? I don't want to get lost in the shuffle. 

What is the SUNet email? I haven’t seen anything about that. 

19 hours ago, edwyer18 said:

All I've gotten is that email asking to verify CASPA info. I never got any email from them verifying that they received it or an email about setting up SUNet even though I applied in early June. Do you think I should reach out? I don't want to get lost in the shuffle. 

Hey, sorry for the delayed response I am not getting notifications from this thread idky. Anyhow I submitted caspa 06-17-22.I got verified 06-21-22. Got that email from SU 07-14-22. Nothing after that so I'm worried why didn't I get the Sunet email yet. It could've been because I didn't reply to the email thinking I didn't have to since all my information was accurate. I hope to hear something soon

19 hours ago, edwyer18 said:

I am also wondering if I should reach out to admissions but also anxious if I'll be bothering them 😕

10 minutes ago, Prepa1617 said:

I don’t think there’s any harm emailing them! I think they are a bit behind on responses though because I emailed them over a week ago and still haven’t heard anything back 

Thank you. I will do that. Ngl when I saw this email I thought I got an email from the school 🥹

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Shanzeh said:

Hey I emailed them and they responded with a confirmation of my application receipt but nothing more. I saw all these other people saying something about getting an email to set up their SuNET which they never mentioned so I’m just gonna wait it out 🥲

I know quite a few people who have applied and been asked for verification but know nothing about the SuNET so I wouldn’t be too worried! 

• Thanks 1