2022-23 Cycle - Keck Graduate Institute

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, balefnegh said:

Where does it say it is? I thought it was not 😪

This was mentioned on CASPA under the program details: "We have a priority deadline of September 1 for early interview and acceptance." 

This is from their FAQ section: "Yes, applicants who apply by September 1 will be evaluated first and will be given first priority for interview dates if selected to interview. However, all applications received before the December 1 deadline will be reviewed and evaluated. Please ensure that all prerequisite requirements are completed as outlined in our MSPA Admission Requirements & Procedures prior to submitting the CASPA application."

So while it does no specifically state rolling admissions, you can assume it is a form of rolling since they said there is an advantage to applying before 9/1 even though apps are due 12/1/22! Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL I just got an email stating I don't meet their requirements of 1000 hours of PCE. They stated my 1600 hours as a student assistant athletic trainer (a paid position which included physical therapy) as well as my 3000 hours in a medical assistant position don't count as PCE....

Lol if you were a medical assistant for your PCE, it doesn't count at this program since it's "back line" administrative work even though like 75% of my job is direct patient care.

So FYI all, moving on to another program because that's pretty bogus in my opinion. Not going to really wanna go to a program that doesn't understand what medical assistants do.

Edit: I emailed back with my job description and everything which VERY CLEARLY STATES on bullet point #1 that I work directly with patients clinically. Even with that concrete evidence, she had the nerve to tell my I my job role is administrative. Don't bother applying here if you're an MA.

Edited by Thisyearistheyear

On 9/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, Thisyearistheyear said:

LOL I just got an email stating I don't meet their requirements of 1000 hours of PCE. They stated my 1600 hours as a student assistant athletic trainer (a paid position which included physical therapy) as well as my 3000 hours in a medical assistant position don't count as PCE....

Lol if you were a medical assistant for your PCE, it doesn't count at this program since it's "back line" administrative work even though like 75% of my job is direct patient care.

So FYI all, moving on to another program because that's pretty bogus in my opinion. Not going to really wanna go to a program that doesn't understand what medical assistants do.

Edit: I emailed back with my job description and everything which VERY CLEARLY STATES on bullet point #1 that I work directly with patients clinically. Even with that concrete evidence, she had the nerve to tell my I my job role is administrative. Don't bother applying here if you're an MA.

I'm sorry to hear this happened but I am confused as to why they would tell you that your hours don't count. On their website, they have a medical assistant listed as an acceptable position to satisfy the direct patient care experience. I'm also a back office medical assistant but I haven't received an e-mail stating that my hours or job duties do not qualify based on their requirements.

• 2 weeks later...