2022-2023 ISU PA Application Cycle

30 minutes ago, bigPApa13 said:

At the moment, they are only review file scores of 5.0 and better. Once they are done interviewing those with a score of 5.0 or better they lower the score cutoff a bit to review and interview more applicants. They continue until all seats are filled. I think you have a good shot with a score of 4.92. 

Thanks for response. They told me they're currently reviewing 4.5 and up for what's it's worth!

On 9/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, TwiggyPA said:

Not sure if anyone can provide a solid answer, but how competitive is a file score of 4.92? I'll have to enroll in a psych class this next semester and do not necessarily want to waste that cost if there's a very small chance of me getting in here. It says on their admission page that file score reviewed last incoming class was 4.825, but I'm wondering if that is the average reviewed file score or the average score of the admitted incoming class.  Any info would be very helpful!

That 4.825 was the last file score cutoff they reviewed above. Do you happen to qualify for the mission survey point? You're gonna be way more competitive if you are. I got in last year with a similar score (4.937) and that extra point made a big difference.

36 minutes ago, SpruceGoose said:

That 4.825 was the last file score cutoff they reviewed above. Do you happen to qualify for the mission survey point? You're gonna be way more competitive if you are. I got in last year with a similar score (4.937) and that extra point made a big difference.

How many of the mission questions do you need to get the point? I wasn’t sure if I would because half of them don’t apply to me but others do. 

1 hour ago, Chloewilliams2022 said:

How many of the mission questions do you need to get the point? I wasn’t sure if I would because half of them don’t apply to me but others do. 

I think you need 2 total in order to get the one mission survey point. The language from the website says: " Applicants will receive one point for their ranking if they meet 2 or more points of the survey criteria"

4 hours ago, Chloewilliams2022 said:

2 total points but the questions are worth either 1 or 2 points. I got 2 points for being from Idaho for example.

Good luck on your apps everybody, I like the program so far. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.

Edited by SpruceGoose

1 hour ago, Jsolonar said:

No way! I’d go for it!! 

27 minutes ago, anthrobiologist said:

Definitely not. Most invites aren’t extended until February. Definitely enough time and you should absolutely go for it. You miss every shot you don’t take ! Your chances only go up hitting submit.

Thank you guys for the encouragement, I wasn’t sure if they use the rolling admission! I called their office and they don’t, they also encouraged me to submit as well. The lady on the phone was very nice and helpful! 

31 minutes ago, Kcw156 said:

I am debating on applying to this program, but don't want to waste the money in doing so. Can anyone provide any insight into the file score and what it is based off of? I wanted to see if I'd be competitive before applying. TIA!

https://www.isu.edu/pa/admission/admission-process/file-score/

ISU is extremely transparent. They have different file score examples, as well. Calculate your score and I would apply if you’re above a 4.825. That’s how far they reviewed for the last class cycle. 

Make sure to apply earlier to give your application time to verify.

• Upvote 2

On 10/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, PrePA200022 said:

Does anyone know what the lowest total file score they used for acceptance last year was? I saw the early acceptance started at a 10.050 but I wasn’t sure if they went into the 9.8’s or lower last year prior to pulling off waitlist. 

I'm curious to know this as well. I'm not eligible for the mission point so will have a max total file score of 9.05 IF I get the full 4 interview points. Is it realistic to think they might drop a full point below the initial cutoff? 

20 hours ago, Oregonprepa22 said:

I'm curious to know this as well. I'm not eligible for the mission point so will have a max total file score of 9.05 IF I get the full 4 interview points. Is it realistic to think they might drop a full point below the initial cutoff? 

20 hours ago, Jsolonar said:

I just submitted my application a week ago, and I received my file score of 4.817.  Right now apparently they are only considering individuals with a file score of 4.89 for an interview.  Does anyone see the file score for interview consideration getting any lower?

Hope all is well with everyone.

The statistics page on shows the final cutoff file score for each application cycle. It's not an average of scores unfortunately so last years was 4.825. However, things do fluctuate and this is only the second year that they're using the new file scoring method. So never hurts to see if you're right on the cusp!