Lipscomb 2022-2023 Cycle

48 minutes ago, AsherBennett said:

Really? That is not at all the impression I got. We must have had very different interview days. When were you there?

End of September. I had a group interview with about 8-12 other girls. Never has happened in the other interviews I’ve had. How could you possibly expect to fairly evaluate someone like that. Just makes me frustrated. Waste of a ticket and a ten hour round trip 

52 minutes ago, AsherBennett said:

Really? That is not at all the impression I got. We must have had very different interview days. When were you there?

Not to mention, I had the same interviewer evaluating me for the individual interview and group interview. Should be more than 1 person evaluating candidates to eliminate biases 

I had my interview today and they said that I am on the "rolling admission" aspect. That in the future my name could be brought up into the conversation. Does anyone have any idea what this means? I am seeing people who said they got pulled from the waitlist but this seems early into their process to really be doing that..... really want to get in but im confused by their qualifications. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, FuturePA0716 said:

did anyone with a lower gpa get an interview? 

I have a CASPA cGPA of 3.21 and a CASPA sGPA of 3.51. I got an interview invite for January this morning

On 12/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, jmm16 said:

I got an email this morning saying my application has moved to secondary review, definitely thought it was a rejection email lol. I know a few others got this email months ago, have most of you had any update since then? 

I got an interview invitation this morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 12:21 AM, Johnnnnnnnnny said:

I had my interview today and they said that I am on the "rolling admission" aspect. That in the future my name could be brought up into the conversation. Does anyone have any idea what this means? I am seeing people who said they got pulled from the waitlist but this seems early into their process to really be doing that..... really want to get in but im confused by their qualifications. 

I am unsure of how long their "rolling admissions" aka "waitlist" is. It could be 20 students or it could be 50-100. I would guess across their 5 interviews they had roughly 24 students to fill 50 seats. This would leave them with roughly 120-150 applicants that were invited to interview. You can imagine a good portion of them get put on this "rolling admissions" or rejected, hardly ever do schools outright accept a student this late into the cycle as they are trying to get through all of their interviews before making final class decisions. 

Most likely they put 90% of each interviewing class on the waitlist, that seems pretty standard for most programs after December. They definitely pull off the waitlist and movement will probably start in February/March when students are starting to hear back from other programs and/or receiving acceptances from other institutions. 

I wouldn't lose faith yet if you had decent stats, their pre-interview numbers are pretty important. If you interviewed well I would assume they probably take 10-15 off of their waitlist at least. 

edit: also a student on the rolling admissions status

Edited by KalebPA

Has anyone received an email recently about interviews? I applied late to the cycle, however once I applied, I received multiple emails saying my application was in review process. Then another email stating it “met admission requirements” a day later. I was wondering if anyone else applied late/or got an email about interviews in February/March?

37 minutes ago, Ray0927 said:

Has anyone received an email recently about interviews? I applied late to the cycle, however once I applied, I received multiple emails saying my application was in review process. Then another email stating it “met admission requirements” a day later. I was wondering if anyone else applied late/or got an email about interviews in February/March?

I applied in mid-November. Their last interview day is in roughly 2 weeks but they send out their invitations a month in advance. 

31 minutes ago, KalebPA said:

I applied in mid-November. Their last interview day is in roughly 2 weeks but they send out their invitations a month in advance. 

I applied 1/18, got the emails on 1/25 about my application following through second admissions review and meeting requirements. So based on what you’re saying guess I’m out of luck. I guess I’ll just apply next cycle! 

1 hour ago, Ray0927 said:

I applied 1/18, got the emails on 1/25 about my application following through second admissions review and meeting requirements. So based on what you’re saying guess I’m out of luck. I guess I’ll just apply next cycle! 

Most likely my friend! Apply early! Their admissions director is AMAZING at her job, but Lipscomb is so competitive that applying this late in the cycle wont do much for you sadly. Good luck next cycle, this school blew me away during my interview. 

On 2/3/2023 at 4:48 PM, KalebPA said:

Most likely my friend! Apply early! Their admissions director is AMAZING at her job, but Lipscomb is so competitive that applying this late in the cycle wont do much for you sadly. Good luck next cycle, this school blew me away during my interview. 

Got an interview invite a few hours ago! Feeling a little hopeful now.