Chamberlain University 2022-2023

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, futurepa0427 said:

i have an interview on the 13th and my mom is deciding to travel with me! does anyone know if parents are welcome to come on the tour?? she’s totally cool with staying at the hotel but we were curious 

The tour is a very short amount of time since it is one building. When you get there for the day, they take your ID and only allow people in who are on the list to interview that day (from my experience), so I would say that it would be best for her to stay at the hotel! 

11 hours ago, Jmiller22 said:

The tour is a very short amount of time since it is one building. When you get there for the day, they take your ID and only allow people in who are on the list to interview that day (from my experience), so I would say that it would be best for her to stay at the hotel! 

thank you so much !! do you know about how long the whole day took? it’s at 8 AM so i’m trying to decide if i also want to stay that night or not 🙂

11 hours ago, futurepa0427 said:

thank you so much !! do you know about how long the whole day took? it’s at 8 AM so i’m trying to decide if i also want to stay that night or not 🙂

10 hours ago, acceptme said:

When I had my pre interview call, she said no more than 3 and a half hours! @futurepa0427

Mine was right around 3 hours, from 12 to 3ish! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FutureChiPA

Hi All! As a current student wanted to shed some light on this evolving program. First things first only accept here if you are not confirmed elsewhere. The professors are extremely unorganized and say the info has been planned for years just waiting for the students when actually has not. There are numerous contradictory issues in the slides and presentations meaning that the class is currently Googling information to find out the actual way you would do things in procedures. The professors also do not hire actors or use the mannequins you will be shown on your tour for your procedures. This means you are then paired up with a classmate randomly to do the physical exams. Including the current session we are in now which requires you to lift a colleagues breast tissue to get a pulse. You are not able to opt out of this without fear of retaliation for your grade and must consent to your classmate proceeding with the exam, even if they are male. This means that as a female I will be expected to consent to this even if I feel uncomfortable with another student touching me. The reason why most schools use actors is to maintain that level of privacy with the students. While I am excited to become a PA this program does not encourage a safe collaborative environment. 

12 hours ago, FutureChiPA said:

Hi All! As a current student wanted to shed some light on this evolving program. First things first only accept here if you are not confirmed elsewhere. The professors are extremely unorganized and say the info has been planned for years just waiting for the students when actually has not. There are numerous contradictory issues in the slides and presentations meaning that the class is currently Googling information to find out the actual way you would do things in procedures. The professors also do not hire actors or use the mannequins you will be shown on your tour for your procedures. This means you are then paired up with a classmate randomly to do the physical exams. Including the current session we are in now which requires you to lift a colleagues breast tissue to get a pulse. You are not able to opt out of this without fear of retaliation for your grade and must consent to your classmate proceeding with the exam, even if they are male. This means that as a female I will be expected to consent to this even if I feel uncomfortable with another student touching me. The reason why most schools use actors is to maintain that level of privacy with the students. While I am excited to become a PA this program does not encourage a safe collaborative environment. 

Are there any didactic coursework deficiencies? Do the lecture content prepare you for exams? How’s are the format of the classes

12 hours ago, FutureChiPA said:

How did the didactic portion of the curriculum set up? Besides it being unorganized, do you feel that the lectures being taught is helping on exams and do you feel well prepared thus far and confident in your capabilities for clinicals? What are some other red flags? 

On 1/13/2023 at 3:49 PM, FutureChiPA said:

Would love to know more red flags if you don't mind... Do you feel like you are being well prepare for clinicals/pass your boards? Obviously PA school is going to be hard and I understand that but do you feel like it is unbearably harder because of the mis-taught information you are talking about. I am so sorry you feel this way and hope it gets better! Does you cohort feel the same? Any information would help so much as I am still deciding which school to attend.