2022-2023 Application Cycle KNOXVILLE

• 4 weeks later...

I was rejected and emailed them asking for any advice. I got a pretty apathetic email telling me to improve this or that and when I emailed back that I had basically done everything they suggest to strengthen your application I was told  they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session. Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. Seems really dishonest and a money grab to me. Just putting this on here for anyone who is a low GPA high PCE applicant. 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:07 AM, Emilybotfa said:

Well, sadly, I reached out to the program to make sure they had my GRE and they did but stated my GRE and GPA are too low to be competitive and already made recommendations on how to better my next application:( For a school that has a 2.75 minimum GPA, I thought my 3.63 would suffice. My GRE is 299 but my PCE is in the 4500+ range and everything else is great. Such a bummer, I really wanted a chance here 😞 

I get the vibe they are very numbers-oriented in regards to their application. I’m a low GPA, high GRE and PCE applicant. I was rejected and emailed them asking for any advice. I got a pretty apathetic email telling me to improve this or that and when I emailed back that I had basically done everything they suggest to strengthen your application I was told  they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session.

Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. I definitely don’t think it’s a school that values your PCEs if you don’t also have the GRE and GPA to match. 

18 hours ago, Prepa89 said:

I get the vibe they are very numbers-oriented in regards to their application. I’m a low GPA, high GRE and PCE applicant. I was rejected and emailed them asking for any advice. I got a pretty apathetic email telling me to improve this or that and when I emailed back that I had basically done everything they suggest to strengthen your application I was told  they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session.

Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. I definitely don’t think it’s a school that values your PCEs if you don’t also have the GRE and GPA to match. 

Don’t let this defeat you! I had a horrible GRE score like 270s ish. I have around 8,000 PCE , but I wouldn’t say that’s the most they have seen either , and I had an interview!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, longmaythepareign said:

Also accepted from the July 15th interview group. It was pretty lax and the group interview felt pretty laid back and brief (I think mine was only around 30 minutes, and there was three of us so I was really only talking for a third of that). All three of us from my group were accepted, so don't feel that your interview group is competing against each other for spots. They said that there was no set number they accept from each interview date, and I get the impression that quite a few were accepted from the first date. We also talked to current students and they said that A LOT got in off the waitlist (one said that the whole wait list was emptied for her class) so it sounds like your odds are pretty good even if you are waitlisted. Good luck! 

Congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering how long the day was. I am to interview at the end of this month and am coming form the west coast so am wanting to plan out flights. Is it an 8-5 sort of thing? Thanks in advance for any feedback

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:46 PM, averyj said:

I got accepted yesterday!!! Such a wonderful program and such incredible people!! 🙂 couldn't say more positive things about the faculty, fellow invitees, and program director! 

Any word on a facebook page or group me for accepted students? I just got accepted last week!