2022-2023 Application Cycle KNOXVILLE

@mitchjthere were about 30 people when I interviewed in July. I believe they accept as many as they feel fit each round and then as the interview dates go by there are less and less spots available for the later interview dates since they are getting filled if a deposit is put down- I put my deposit down. Although, I do know that they mentioned many people do get pulled off the waiting list, so thats great too! 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Mydogiscute said:

Did anyone else get the email invite to the information session today? I just got the email at 12:45pm, and the meeting starts at 3pm today.. 

I just did too lol, I had to recheck the calendar because I was like, wait is that today and in a few hours??

Hi y'all! I've started my application, but was wondering if there is anyone that is applying/has applied that is still in school? I will be graduating nursing school in December and have all of my prereqs including shadowing and direct patient care hours. I was wondering if applying before I get my BSN would hurt my chances of being accepted even though I meet all of the requirements. I appreciate any feedback! 

Hey there! @Sarahblackburn I got a 66 on the test and I was accepted so do not worry too much! I did not really prepare for it, the material is really either you know it or you don't kind of thing and I don't think it weighs heavily on their decision. @allied @Kelseay the biggest tips as cliche as they sound are too really just be yourself and also just try and get to know the faculty and other invitees. It is much less about competing with those who are interviewing and much more about supporting others there and being a likable team player (especially since it is a group interview). The faculty told me how important it was that they saw us all getting along since these could be prospective classmates. Also, a big tip is to wear something that set you apart from everyone else- literally everyone is wearing black blazers, black shoes, black pants etc. I decided to wear a tiffany blue blazer and I think it really set me apart since I was literally the only person wearing color in the room of 30 people LOL. I also think it showcases your personality a bit more and is a great talking piece. Hope this helps 🙂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, tjb24 said:

Hello everyone! Just received an interview invite for July 15th!! I am beyond excited as this is my first cycle applying and my first invite. However, I live in Washington and the flights to Knoxville for that date are around $1000. I am feeling bummed because I don't think that I can realistically afford that. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and have any suggestions? I am hoping I will gain some insight during the upcoming info session. Best of luck to you all! 

Hi! Current student here! Try looking at flying into Chattanooga which is 1.5 hours away or Nashville 2.5-3 hours. May save you big time as it's expensive to fly into Knoxville as it's a small airport. Also look into allegiant air, they fly into Knoxville and it's my cheapest option flying back to Texas. Hope you can find a way! Our class (2024) is jumping into our second week and I love the faculty and my classmates! It really is a good group of people!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, dw8899 said:

Hi there!

I am planning my list of schools for next cycle to reapply incase I do not get in this cycle. I am curious if this program has any student preferences, (in-state, alumni, religious affiliations, etc.) I thoroughly went through their website and didn't see anything but just trying to double check. I see there class size is pretty big so not sure how big of an impact that would play regardless. If anyone knows TIA!

Hey current student here! They do not prefer in state vs out of state, the majority of my class is from out of state and we have a diverse class of varying ages, religion, etc. 

• Like 1