2022-2023 Application Cycle KNOXVILLE

On 5/29/2022 at 8:24 PM, longmaythepareign said:

Who all is applying? Good luck! 

I applied! Got an email saying they received my application and one just now inviting me to an information session. Have you gotten anything yet? Good luck to you as well!

Hello everyone! Just received an interview invite for July 15th!! I am beyond excited as this is my first cycle applying and my first invite. However, I live in Washington and the flights to Knoxville for that date are around $1000. I am feeling bummed because I don't think that I can realistically afford that. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and have any suggestions? I am hoping I will gain some insight during the upcoming info session. Best of luck to you all! 

2 hours ago, tjb24 said:

Hello everyone! Just received an interview invite for July 15th!! I am beyond excited as this is my first cycle applying and my first invite. However, I live in Washington and the flights to Knoxville for that date are around $1000. I am feeling bummed because I don't think that I can realistically afford that. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and have any suggestions? I am hoping I will gain some insight during the upcoming info session. Best of luck to you all! 

Congratulations, that's amazing!! There may be a remote or zoom option? Like you said, they may explain more during the info session this week. May I ask about your stats and dates you submitted if you are comfortable with sharing? 

Well, sadly, I reached out to the program to make sure they had my GRE and they did but stated my GRE and GPA are too low to be competitive and already made recommendations on how to better my next application:( For a school that has a 2.75 minimum GPA, I thought my 3.63 would suffice. My GRE is 299 but my PCE is in the 4500+ range and everything else is great. Such a bummer, I really wanted a chance here 😞 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, tjb24 said:

Hi! I’m in the same situation. Did you find any solution? 

On 6/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, averyj said:

I got an interview invite for 07/15 as well 🙂 !!! I am coming from out of state, does anyone know what airport is the easiest to fly into? 

Last year I flew into Knoxville, it's a small airport so it's more expensive but easy to navigate. Cheaper option would be Nashville and drive to Knoxville which is about 2.5 hours and it's a pretty drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Also accepted from the July 15th interview group. It was pretty lax and the group interview felt pretty laid back and brief (I think mine was only around 30 minutes, and there was three of us so I was really only talking for a third of that). All three of us from my group were accepted, so don't feel that your interview group is competing against each other for spots. They said that there was no set number they accept from each interview date, and I get the impression that quite a few were accepted from the first date. We also talked to current students and they said that A LOT got in off the waitlist (one said that the whole wait list was emptied for her class) so it sounds like your odds are pretty good even if you are waitlisted. Good luck!