2022-2023 Application Cycle NASHVILLE

2 hours ago, longmaythepareign said:

Hey! I got the same email a while back (maybe in early August). I declined because I’m still finishing my undergrad (graduate in December). About a month later, I got an official interview invite for the cohort starting October 2023. I don’t think you should have a problem and I don’t think they should hold that against you because relocating and being ready to start in two weeks is insane! Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response! I feel much better now-I also ended up declining the interview because I am under obligation with my current job to finish out a certain time period! I hope to receive an interview for 2023 as well!

On 9/22/2022 at 12:36 PM, RedBlossom10 said:

Hey, do you mind sharing your GRE score?

My GRE was 155 quant, 157 verbal. I got waitlisted and the interview consisted of 2 interviewers for each person. Mine was in the last slot and unfortunately my interviewers weren't conversational but it was okay. Hopeful about my chances though!

1 minute ago, Abby23 said:

My GRE was 155 quant, 157 verbal. I got waitlisted and the interview consisted of 2 interviewers for each person. Mine was in the last slot and unfortunately my interviewers weren't conversational but it was okay. Hopeful about my chances though!

Thank you for your response! I was told that they value higher GRE people, so thank you for the insight

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 11:47 PM, ehenvie said:

Hello!

I applied in the beginning on September. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was full or any other interviews taking place? I haven't gotten any emails so I figured that might be a good thing? 

Hello!
I'm not sure if it's full but they said they would be holding interviews through later next year- and they have a waitlist. I hate to be the one to say this because it's so inconclusive but there's definitely still time!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 1:54 PM, ehenvie said:

Hey!

I still haven't heard yes or no, so I guess that is a good thing? Not too sure?

Idk if they are the same as Knoxville but I definitely get the vibe that they prefer at least a 3.3 and above with the higher the better. I was rejected by Knoxville and when I asked they said they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session. Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. Seems really dishonest and a money grab to me.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, Prepa89 said:

Idk if they are the same as Knoxville but I definitely get the vibe that they prefer at least a 3.3 and above with the higher the better. I was rejected by Knoxville and when I asked they said they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session. Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. Seems really dishonest and a money grab to me.

Because a minimum requirement is just the minimum. They have attrition rates and avg GPAs for the 3 previous classes, and if you don't feel like your application can be competitive without the GPA/GRE scores then just don't apply and save yourself some money. The application fee is $95, one of the more expensive ones out of a handful of schools. They gave you an apathetic answer because they cannot give in-depth feedback with the amount of applications they receive and reject. Your best bet would be in your next interview at the end to ask if there is anything on your application that might give them pause. This is the moment with someone who will tell you not to worry about it or give you something constructive while you have their undivided attention. 

It sucks, but there is a reason why the accept about 9% of applicants. 

4 minutes ago, KalebPA said:

Because a minimum requirement is just the minimum. They have attrition rates and avg GPAs for the 3 previous classes, and if you don't feel like your application can be competitive without the GPA/GRE scores then just don't apply and save yourself some money. The application fee is $95, one of the more expensive ones out of a handful of schools. They gave you an apathetic answer because they cannot give in-depth feedback with the amount of applications they receive and reject. Your best bet would be in your next interview at the end to ask if there is anything on your application that might give them pause. This is the moment with someone who will tell you not to worry about it or give you something constructive while you have their undivided attention. 

It sucks, but there is a reason why the accept about 9% of applicants. 

I don’t disagree at all with what you said. I just was surprised when Knoxville said we don’t look below a 3.5. I feel like then they should just list a 3.5 minimum. I’m a lower GPA, but high GRE and PCE applicant so I thought it would make up for it. But you’re right I definitely would’ve saved my money had they been honest about their real GPA minimum. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:50 AM, Prepa89 said:

do you know if the 3.5 GPA was in regards to overall GPA or science GPA??

18 hours ago, JourdanM said:

do you know if the 3.5 GPA was in regards to overall GPA or science GPA??

This is what I was told in the email. When I pressed further I was told a 3.5 is what they look for. Didn’t say if it was science or cumulative. 

“We use a holistic approach.  A competitive GPA is 3.5     Each month we run a report to pull the top candidates holistically.     The top 40 are the ones that receive an interview.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jmm16 said:

could i ask what your stats are? 🙂 congrats to you all that got interviews!!

My stats are...

23 year old female

From Scottsdale, Arizona

Undergrad degree: Nutritional Sciences

Overall GPA: 3.93

Science GPA: 3.91

HCE: ~2,000 hours (ED scribe, family medicine scribe, ophthalmology scribe)

Other PCE: 520 hours (pharmacy tech)

Shadowing: ~75 hours (PA and MD)

Volunteering: ~450 hours 

GRE: Verbal 145, Quantitative 152, Writing 3.5 (can't remember if we sent scores here or not)

• 5 weeks later...