2022-2023 Application Cycle NASHVILLE

Anyone else apply? I applied and actually received an interview invite on 5/27.

Also, If anyone knows more about the accreditation status, I would be interested to know. I know they are provisional, but when would they go up for continuing? Also, I think those of us who are applying in this cycle would be in their third matriculating class if I am correct (?). TIA for any help! 

4 hours ago, longmaythepareign said:

Also, If anyone knows more about the accreditation status, I would be interested to know. I know they are provisional, but when would they go up for continuing? Also, I think those of us who are applying in this cycle would be in their third matriculating class if I am correct (?). TIA for any help! 

I applied, but haven't heard anything yet. Congratulations! If I remember correctly, I think schools are provisional for 5 years from their first review. If I understand correctly, provisional is a full accreditation status, just means they get checked on more often than continually accredited schools to make sure they aren't messing up, but that if everything stays on track they'll be continually accredited. If you go to the ARC-PA website it explains better than I did.

Also, when did you apply and when's your interview for? Hoping to hear soon!

Edited by AlliBess

Received an interview 5/27. The lady I spoke with over the phone was super sweet and encouraging and I'm excited to see the program in person. 

Also, as an FYI for anyone who is applying, the email I received from South said that the interview would be virtual, but on the phone, it sounded like it would be in person. I am waiting on verification on that. Good luck to all! 

Edited by longmaythepareign
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 5:20 AM, longmaythepareign said:

Congrats on getting an interview invite!! Do you mind sharing your stats? 🙂 

I applied in may. Did anyone that applied receive a confirmation email? I also applied to the Knoxville program and have received a confirmation there so just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something. My supplemental receipt says Knoxville for both but I know I did Nashville. Does anyone else’s say this? I might go back and pay it again but didn’t want to until I knew for sure. Thanks! 

21 hours ago, Pa133292 said:

I applied in may. Did anyone that applied receive a confirmation email? I also applied to the Knoxville program and have received a confirmation there so just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something. My supplemental receipt says Knoxville for both but I know I did Nashville. Does anyone else’s say this? I might go back and pay it again but didn’t want to until I knew for sure. Thanks! 

I'm actually in the same exact boat. I applied in May and have yet to receive a confirmation email. My supplemental receipt also says from Knoxville (I applied to the Knoxville, Nashville, and Atlanta campus) and they all said Knoxville under the contact info, so I think that is okay. Hope this made you feel a little better as we most likely aren't the only ones! 

Does this program holistically review applicants? I was under the impression that they did but then it said on the application "higher overall GPAs will receive higher standing within the admission process." Just trying to decide if applying is worth the insane $95 supplemental fee. 

I kind of get the vibe that they prefer high GPA applicants, but that is just from my personal experience. If it is helpful, I got a call an hour after receiving the email from them saying they had received my application and they said that they were excited to receive my application and I would be receiving an interview invite when they go out. If it is helpful, my stats are: 

cGPA: 3.94

sGPA: 3.96

GRE: 317, 5.0 writing 

PCE: 1,200 (continuing to work until matriculation and would have 2,000+ by the time their program would start)

Volunteer: 250

Leadership: A big part of my application as I was a captain and president of a collegiate sports team

I'm definitely the "young, high GPA, low hours" type of applicant but like to think my experience has been meaningful (an ER tech at a Level 1 Trauma Center) and I am overall well rounded. They seem to be interested in this type of applicant based solely on my own experience, but that's not to say they wouldn't also be interested in the "lower GPA but more experienced and mature applicant" type. I do think the supplemental fee is a bit crazy IMO, and it's also crazy that if you want to apply to the other campuses (I applied to Nashville and Knoxville) that you have to pay it twice. Whatever decision you make, good luck! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, prepastudent07 said:

When did you submit your application? Also do you mind sharing your stats?

My application was verifiied on 7/4!

My overall GPA is 3.39, science 3.35 with a slight upward trend. I have 1,000+hrs leadership hours through my church campus ministry, 87hrs shadowing (PAs, an NP and Drs) and intermittent volunteering (86hrs). My most competitive stat (IMO) is my PCE, which at the time of application was 3,924hrs in ICU settings.
I've been nervous about my chances since a lot of people have higher GPAs. Before this I did get a rejection from Arcadia and haven't heard from other schools.

10 hours ago, Abby23 said:

My overall GPA is 3.39, science 3.35 with a slight upward trend. I have 1,000+hrs leadership hours through my church campus ministry, 87hrs shadowing (PAs, an NP and Drs) and intermittent volunteering (86hrs). My most competitive stat (IMO) is my PCE, which at the time of application was 3,924hrs in ICU settings.
I've been nervous about my chances since a lot of people have higher GPAs. Before this I did get a rejection from Arcadia and haven't heard from other schools.

I also have an interview this Thursday! Do you have any insight on how it goes? I have not heard anything. 

6 hours ago, Sedebo3479 said:

I also have an interview this Thursday! Do you have any insight on how it goes? I have not heard anything. 

That's awesome!
I haven't heard anything about it aside from there will be individual and group interviews!
We're supposed to get more information at some point this week though!

Edited by Abby23
More info

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 1:10 AM, Abby23 said:

Hey, do you mind sharing your GRE score?

I don't know if anyone else received this email, but I just received an invite for a virtual interview this Monday the 26th for a spot in the program's cohort beginning this October. It is very short notice! but I was wondering if I turn down this interview, will I get a chance to interview for a spot in next year's cohort? Has this happened to anyone else?

On 9/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, ecarys said:

I don't know if anyone else received this email, but I just received an invite for a virtual interview this Monday the 26th for a spot in the program's cohort beginning this October. It is very short notice! but I was wondering if I turn down this interview, will I get a chance to interview for a spot in next year's cohort? Has this happened to anyone else?

Hey! I got the same email a while back (maybe in early August). I declined because I’m still finishing my undergrad (graduate in December). About a month later, I got an official interview invite for the cohort starting October 2023. I don’t think you should have a problem and I don’t think they should hold that against you because relocating and being ready to start in two weeks is insane! Good luck!