MICHIGAN: MSU PA 2022-2023 Cycle

35 minutes ago, Dreday said:

Anyone receive an interview invite yet that’s more of a non-traditional student or mind sharing some of their stats?

I'm a nontraditional student and I have my interview tomorrow! My stats are:

• Undergrad GPA 3.93
  • Post-Bacc and Science 4.0 
  • PCE about 2300 as a PT aide and inpatient rehab assistant
  • GRE 302 with a 5 in writing
  • CASPer 75-100th quartile
  • Shadow about 24 in person and 20 virtual
  • Volunteer about 120hrs
  • Leadership 70hrs from my previous career (leading company events and committees) 

1 minute ago, pengcan2011 said:

The other aspect of my application is strong except my Casper. I submitted my CASPA in mid July and my supplement application in early August. Since many of you were invited for an interview in August. I guess I don't have a chance...

I feel the same way, but from my understanding they will continue to send out interview invitations until November/December so there is still time.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:02 PM, Dreday said:

Anyone receive an interview invite yet that’s more of a non-traditional student or mind sharing some of their stats?

I am a non traditional student and received an invite, and I interviewed 8/17. 

Out of state resident, but was born in MI.

Overall GPA: 3.66

sGPA: 3.62

PCE: a little over 12,000 hours (I am a Travel CT Technologist and made sure to note the types of patient populations I have worked with. For example: rural populations)

LOR: 2 professors, 1 MD, 1 Work Supervisor (Hospital radiology manager)

Volunteer hours: 140

PA Shadowing hours: 24 (pain management and addiction medicine)

Good luck!

On 8/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, pengcan2011 said:

The other aspect of my application is strong except my Casper. I submitted my CASPA in mid July and my supplement application in early August. Since many of you were invited for an interview in August. I guess I don't have a chance...

I submitted my CASPA at the end of May, supplemental July 7, and received my interview invite for 8/18 less than 2 weeks ago. Don’t be so down on yourself! This is just the first round of interviews, you absolutely have a chance. 

17 hours ago, CreativePA123 said:

Did they mention how long it takes to hear back after interviews? 

No, they didn't mention anything. Going through last year's boards, it looks like anywhere from 4-5 weeks, but that's just an estimate based on when applicants posted they got interviews and then the same ones got acceptances.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pengcan2011 said:

I submitted my Supplemental Application around Aug. 6, and got an interview invitation email today. I selected Sep. 23 for my interview. 

I submitted both my CASPA and supplemental at the end of June and I haven't heard anything accept that they received it. Should I email them or just wait some more?

On 9/6/2022 at 8:36 AM, ItIsASunnyDay123 said:

Was placed on the waitlist and interviewed 8/17. Not sure if I should be happy or sad... Anyone else placed on the waitlist?

I was also waitlisted which I find interesting because my interviewer told me at the end that he would be giving me a very positive evaluation. I committed to another program anyway but I'm just surprised at how open he was regarding his opinion - it can really mess with a candidate’s outlook/confidence.