2022-2023 Western Michigan PA Program

14 minutes ago, RMLPA said:

I am a bit frustrated as I am an alumni of WMU and still have not heard anything from them. I submitted my app on 05/23/22 and was verified on 05/24/22. I also submitted my supplemental fee back on 05/23/22. I got my confirmation email on 06/20/22 and an email that my app met their requirements and they would continue reviewing my app on 06/30/22. I know some interview invites have already gone out, but I am wondering if anyone knows anything about their interview process and if they will send out more invites in the future. 

I would email for an update! I am also waiting on them 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Pard4321 said:

Congrats on your interview! Do you mind sharing the date you applied, date when you received your interview and your stats? 
good luck w. Your interview!!

Yes no problem! 

Applied: 07/18/22

Interview Invite: 07/25/22

Overall GPA- 3.94

Science GPA- 3.89

PCE- 1200+ and counting

Volunteering- I think 120ish 

Letters of Rec- 5 (Physio prof, DO, head MA, Biology Prof, TA) 

Other- Teaching Assistant in Undergrad, President of PrePA Club, E-board member for PrePA club

Good luck to all those applying! 

Edited by natalie22800

On 9/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, natalie22800 said:

How is the interview like? Interview invite for September 30th. Good luck to all those applying! 

I'm also interviewing September 30th! I read in last year's forum that they did MMI, but only saw that from one person. Otherwise I haven't been able to find anything else. Looking forward to meeting you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, tcxsta said:

I just received a call earlier today offering a seat for the class of 2025! I interviewed 9/14 for reference! 

Congratulations!!!! That’s amazing. If you don’t mind me asking the basic questions 😅 - how was the interview? And would you mind sharing your stats or any advice?! 

On 10/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, Pard4321 said:

Congratulations!!!! That’s amazing. If you don’t mind me asking the basic questions 😅 - how was the interview? And would you mind sharing your stats or any advice?! 

Thank you! I'm really excited about the opportunity! The interview was fine, it was MMI format. My biggest piece of advice is cliche but truthfully very helpful -- relax and be yourself, the interviewers are human too lol 🙂

Edited by tcxsta

5 hours ago, tcxsta said:

Thank you! I'm really excited about the opportunity! The interview was fine, it was MMI format. My biggest piece of advice is cliche but truthfully very helpful -- relax and be yourself, the interviewers are human too lol 🙂

Applied: mid June

Interview invite: mid July

Interview: 9/14

21F

cGPA: 3.90 

sGPA: 3.88

PCE: ~4,000 hrs as a CNA (5+ years experience)

Volunteer: ~1500 hrs volunteering at/for: medical mission trip; Vice President/Co-Founder of a student org that does service events in underserved communities; kids summer camp coordinator/administrator/counselor; tutored and mentored kids from abusive/neglected homes 

Non-healthcare experience: ~700 hrs architectural design office assistant

Leadership: ~1400 hrs as youth leader, music leader/teacher, assistant choir director (developed a choir program at local church) 

Shadowing: ~80 hrs pediatric MD, ~50 hrs family med PA

LOR: 1 MD, 1 science prof, 1 volunteer coordinator, 1 nurse manager 

Keep in mind that this is a holistic process -- everyone has different experiences and has something valuable to bring to the table. Don't forget that 🙂

Thank you!! I appreciate it! Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, aPA1day said:

Hello all, 

I have not heard anything yet. I keep telling myself that is better than hearing bad news but at this rate, I'm not feeling so confident. Anyone else had any updates? Has anyone received a rejection at all? 😞

I am in the same boat. Last year it wasn’t until January until I was rejected. They only do ~2 interviews a month and said they are still going through applications when I attended their webinar last week. Have you reached out for an update?

We’ve got this! We need to stay positive! We will be great PAs one day 😊

Edited by Pard4321

On 10/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, HeyoPA07 said:

Hi everyone! I was accepted to a program closer to home so I am rejecting my interview. I hope this gives room for more of you all to receive a interview. Good luck to everyone! WMU is a great school.

Congratulations! If you don’t mind could you share your stats or when you applied and when you were offered an interview!? I know it’s basic but I’m trying to gauge how my stats compare to students who are offered to interview! Either way - congrats 😊🎈🎈

5 hours ago, Pard4321 said:

Congratulations! If you don’t mind could you share your stats or when you applied and when you were offered an interview!? I know it’s basic but I’m trying to gauge how my stats compare to students who are offered to interview! Either way - congrats 😊🎈🎈

Thank you!!!

Applied: June 24th. I was not finished with some pre-reqs so I sent those over mid august. Interview invite: August 31st 

Overall GPA: 3.8

Science GPA: 3.77

PCE: 2000 

Volunteering: 55 hours

Shadowing: 28 hours

Good luck! If you need anything else feel free to message me. I love helping out 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...