2022-2023 Application Cycle

19 hours ago, TylerHoffman said:

Does anyone know what we are supposed to wear to this event on September 16th? I didn't see anything in reference to business casual vs more of an interview attire. Do you all have any insight in to this?

i will most likely be doing the virtual component- but i’ll be dressing in interview attire just to be on the safe side! similar to what i wore during my interview. 

On 9/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, TylerHoffman said:

Does anyone know what we are supposed to wear to this event on September 16th? I didn't see anything in reference to business casual vs more of an interview attire. Do you all have any insight in to this?

Well I believe interview attire is equivalent to standard business attire. There are a lot of resources on Google for what that entails. It's up to you to decide but I doubt they are going to make their decision based on what you wear, so try not to stress about it too much.

20 hours ago, BUTTERFLY22 said:

Do you guys think that if we haven't received an invite for the group interview by now then it is a rejection? 

That is what i'm assuming. I went back to last year's forum to see and it appears they don't send out rejections until Oct. 1. But since I haven't heard anything and group interviews are Friday i'm counting it as a rejection. 

36 minutes ago, bhuss said:

Just got waitlisted.. not sure what this means since I was not invited to the in person group interviews.. anyone else?

Me as well, wondering if they'll host another round of group interview for waitlisted people... or if they'll just pull from the waitlist right away. Either way, guess it's better than a rejection. 

Well, rejections and wait lists will still be getting sent out. I estimate there were approximately 80 invites sent out for Friday Sept 16. With 20 seats available for the upcoming cohort, that's 1/4 or 1 out of every four participants being accepted. We had about 60 people in person. 

They are ensuring everyone gets two 1:1 interviews, which is good since there was only one overt evaluation (group activity) for 30 min over a 7-8 hour admissions interview event. Sure they could have been evaluating applicants on their observations and limited interactions, but that's not a great eval methodology. Especially when staff and faculty are distracted trying to run an event which had some apparent hiccups. 

Apparently there was a recent influx of funding which has the program motivated to develop medical Spanish and Latinx interests in their program. The first year students and many staff presented as very politically motivated as well. I anticipate politics and political engagement taking a front seat in the PA program. Rotating through a gender confirmation clinic was brought up but it wasn't clear if that's being required or just offered. 

They seem set on sending decisions, all of them, the same day around Oct 1. 

Edited by OrcaPA

2 hours ago, OrcaPA said:

Well, rejections and wait lists will still be getting sent out. I estimate there were approximately 80 invites sent out for Friday Sept 16. With 20 seats available for the upcoming cohort, that's 1/4 or 1 out of every four participants being accepted. We had about 60 people in person. 

They are ensuring everyone gets two 1:1 interviews, which is good since there was only one overt evaluation (group activity) for 30 min over a 7-8 hour admissions interview event. Sure they could have been evaluating applicants on their observations and limited interactions, but that's not a great eval methodology. Especially when staff and faculty are distracted trying to run an event which had some apparent hiccups. 

Apparently there was a recent influx of funding which has the program motivated to develop medical Spanish and Latinx interests in their program. The first year students and many staff presented as very politically motivated as well. I anticipate politics and political engagement taking a front seat in the PA program. Rotating through a gender confirmation clinic was brought up but it wasn't clear if that's being required or just offered. 

They seem set on sending decisions, all of them, the same day around Oct 1. 

If you don’t mind sharing, what interaction(s) did you have yesterday that led to the inference of faculty/students being politically motivated? I can’t say I had the same experience, BUT I do feel like the program’s admission process has been…… strange. I don’t know if one 20-30 minute 1:1 interview and yesterday’s event provides enough information/evidence for either party (applicants and program) to make a well-informed decision. Definitely scratching my head a little bit at this point. 

17 hours ago, Caec3 said:

Has anyone not had their second interview yet that went to the group interview? It was my understanding everyone would get a second one and then decisions when out next week. 

I was also under the impression everyone who did not get a second interview would get one after the group interview.... I was also told during my second interview that they were planning to meet tomorrow to finalize their decisions. Not sure if anyone else heard differently, though!

1 hour ago, ArmyMed2022 said:

I was also under the impression everyone who did not get a second interview would get one after the group interview.... I was also told during my second interview that they were planning to meet tomorrow to finalize their decisions. Not sure if anyone else heard differently, though!

I believe they are also, since decisions must go out by Oct.1. I doubt they will send out final decisions on a Saturday, so hopefully by tomorrow evening.

• Upvote 1