Sure

First time applicant, completed BS in May ‘22

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 3.7

last 60 hours GPA: 3.9

~2000 hrs as MA

~3000 hrs as Rx tech

GRE: 154Q/152V/4.0A

5 very strong LORs that have probably had a lot to do with my success. 3 interviews so far, 3 acceptances, 3 more scheduled as of now. Let me know if you have any other questions! Glad to help. 

Hello everyone!

For those of you that have received an interview invite (and anyone else who this may apply to), did y'all also receive an email beforehand that states that their application is verified and under review? I received those from all the other schools I applied to, and was wondering if UNC does those.

I remember that people said that they didn't hear anything back after submitting their supplemental application and was wondering if that was still the case. Thank you!

4 hours ago, idg0004 said:

Hello everyone!

For those of you that have received an interview invite (and anyone else who this may apply to), did y'all also receive an email beforehand that states that their application is verified and under review? I received those from all the other schools I applied to, and was wondering if UNC does those.

I remember that people said that they didn't hear anything back after submitting their supplemental application and was wondering if that was still the case. Thank you!

I got an email about receiving an interview, but I never received an email stating that my application was under review after I submitted the supplemental. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 9:27 AM, Oliviathomas99 said:

Does anyone know how they are already extending interview invites? I was under the impression that since they are not rolling, they wouldn't start reviewing applications until the deadline of 9/1. 

I completely agree and found this very disheartening when I checked this forum today. I specifically left them as my last school to apply to (still haven't even submitted) because I thought they weren't rolling... Is it even worth it to apply now?

7 hours ago, ClareGhil said:

I completely agree and found this very disheartening when I checked this forum today. I specifically left them as my last school to apply to (still haven't even submitted) because I thought they weren't rolling... Is it even worth it to apply now?

Yeah I was the same way. I purposely left it as my last school and I just submitted a few days ago....I think I'm going to call tomorrow but I am pretty annoyed! Like I would've submitted way earlier had I known they would be looking at them before the deadline. 

16 hours ago, Oliviathomas99 said:

Yeah I was the same way. I purposely left it as my last school and I just submitted a few days ago....I think I'm going to call tomorrow but I am pretty annoyed! Like I would've submitted way earlier had I known they would be looking at them before the deadline. 

If you do call, would love an update. What a bummer! Hoping that you get good news and great that you submit at least! 

20 hours ago, Oliviathomas99 said:

Their website states they are not rolling admissions however “interviews will be conducted throughout the application cycle” so not rolling admissions but rolling interviews. I hope this helps! https://www.med.unc.edu/healthsciences/unc-pa/admissions/process/

10 hours ago, itsaPArty said:

For anyone who has had their first interview, has anyone gotten a second round interview invite? Just gauging whether or not they’ve completed their first round of interviews.

Hey! I have been in the same boat as you. Today makes two weeks since my first interview and I have not heard anything in regards to a second interview yet, maybe today! Best of luck to you! Keep us updated. 

3 hours ago, TylerHoffman said:

Hey! I have been in the same boat as you. Today makes two weeks since my first interview and I have not heard anything in regards to a second interview yet, maybe today! Best of luck to you! Keep us updated. 

Someone in this forum said they have an interview for 8/30, so I don’t think the first round is finished yet.