graduated from a 4 year uni last may and currently in my gap year

sgpa: 3.1

cgpa: 3.4

gre: 304

PCH: ~2k

HCH:~1k

volunteer: 100 hrs

shadowing: 50 hrs

research: 2 years + a summer abroad in psych, ecology and neurological sciences 

worked so hard on PS and COVID essay honestly just shows who I am more than medicine studies.

first gen, underrepresented in med 

42 minutes ago, Nana0113 said:

@MagWeb I have an interview on August 9th as well. The only email I have received was today regarding the schedule and the estimate of cost for attending the program. Have you heard anything back? 

I received the exact email but that is it...maybe they are not using the pre-recorded format for this next round of interviews?

Hello everybody. I interviewed with this program on July 26th (received invite early July) and received the one way interview (pre-recorded questions) around 3-4 days prior to the interview. 

As far as hearing back, I am curious about AspiringPAc's post as North Central stated that they would contact us with regard to acceptance/rejection/etc via email and mail two weeks from the interview date. As far as I know, Tuesday July 26th was the first round of interviews so I do not think anyone should know if they are accepted/rejected/etc until Tuesday, August 9th. It could be possible that they are deviating from this or that the student in question is a current student at North Central with a different admissions pathway from other applicants. These would be my guesses. Ultimately, I am just nervous to hear back like everybody else. Nonetheless, congratulations on the acceptance @AspiringPAc and well done! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:02 PM, AspiringPAc said:

I JUST GOT MY CALL OF ACCEPTANCE!!! I’m literally in tears right now!! For anyone wondering what my stats are:

major: kinesiology 

cgpa: 3.80

sgpa: 3.79

pce: 2,024 hours (MA orthopedics, MA primary care, patient care tech for a brain injury rehab center)

volunteer: 402 hours

shadowing: 101 hours (acne/veins, orthopedics, cardiology, primary care, 

LOR: 1 PA, 1 supervisor, 1 volunteer coordinator, 1 associate professor

I am also a first gen student from a rural/HPSA area. I also have leadership roles on e-board for my university’s clubs and teaching experience as a learning assistant For an anatomy course! I’m still finishing up coursework in undergrad right now, but will be finished before the program starts 🙂 

Just to confirm, GRE is not required for this program, correct? Do you think it would be beneficial to still send the scores out for GRE?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HopefulPA2025 said:

Just to confirm, GRE is not required for this program, correct? Do you think it would be beneficial to still send the scores out for GRE?

This is something that can viewed on the schools website FAQ section. The GRE is not required so why would you send it ….. it’s not gonna add any value to your application or even scored

On 8/4/2022 at 2:02 PM, AspiringPAc said:

I JUST GOT MY CALL OF ACCEPTANCE!!! I’m literally in tears right now!! For anyone wondering what my stats are:

cgpa: 3.80

sgpa: 3.79

pce: 2,024 hours 

volunteer: 402 hours

shadowing: 101 hours 

LOR: 1 PA, 1 supervisor, 1 volunteer coordinator, 1 associate professor

I am also a first gen student from a rural/HPSA area. I also have leadership roles on e-board for my university’s clubs and teaching experience as a learning assistant For an anatomy course! I’m still finishing up coursework in undergrad right now, but will be finished before the program starts 🙂 

Congratulations!!!!

Have a good understanding of your Why for both PA and the school as well.

Be prepared to talk about what you would do to combat the stress of being in PA school. (exercising, hanging out with friends, going for a walk, etc)

Take a deep breath and pace yourself through answering their questions. They really want to get to know you.

On the day of your interview, read the statement I've attached. Once when you wake up and once before you start your interview! Good luck 

293642642_576398674026388_85160816595426137_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 6:01 PM, nicolesnow10 said:

Have a good understanding of your Why for both PA and the school as well.

Be prepared to talk about what you would do to combat the stress of being in PA school. (exercising, hanging out with friends, going for a walk, etc)

Take a deep breath and pace yourself through answering their questions. They really want to get to know you.

On the day of your interview, read the statement I've attached. Once when you wake up and once before you start your interview! Good luck 

293642642_576398674026388_85160816595426137_n.jpg

Thank you for the tips !! I will be reading that statement 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...