North central college Illinois 2022

14 minutes ago, Gazsim28 said:

Nope… nothing for me..

Did u receive am email or call regarding invite? 

This is honestly ridiculous! I understand there are staffing adjustments but it’s not fair to the applicant to wait this long especially when it is advertised in their FAQ section that interviews are held in July…… it’s the 15 and the first interview july 26 so idk how that is gonna work

On 7/9/2022 at 4:22 PM, Sourpatchkid said:

Hey guys! I am a current student in the program but understand the anxiety and confusion so wanted to offer a little clarity. There has been a shift in the program leadership over the last few weeks and that has caused this delay so I apologize about that. I am in no way speaking for or on behalf of the school, just wanted to update you. I believe the July 12 interview date was cancelled for this reason and the first interview date is set for July 26, with additional dates after that. Look forwards to seeing some of you then and stick with it!!

Can you give any advice on the interview process or what life is like being a student? Anything would be very helpful

Received an interview invite today 7/19.

Submitted 6/22

Out of state applicant

Did not send GRE scores

Overall GPA: 3.66

sGPA: 3.62

PCE: a little over 12,000 hours (I am a Travel CT Technologist and made sure to note the types of patient populations I have worked with. For example: rural populations)

LOR: 2 professors, 1 MD, 1 Work Supervisor (Hospital radiology manager)

Volunteer hours: 140

PA Shadowing hours: 24 (pain management and addiction medicine)

Interview date is 8/9

Good luck everyone!

57 minutes ago, pastudent203 said:

Just received a one-way interview invite. Has anyone else recieved this?

Can you share what language they used in the email interview invite? Like how did they describe the interview? My specifically said "zoom virtual interview" and does not say anything about a one-way. I am very confused...

On 7/16/2022 at 10:20 AM, pastudent203 said:

Life is good. I’m on campus studying all the time but that’s what I expected from PA school. It’s compressed medical school. The professors all love you though and that makes all the difference. The one way interview is intimidating and sucks, just try your best to pretend you are talking to someone. I would just say try to connect with the professors as you interview. Remember they are normal people with normal lives, and they just want to get to know you. Make sure you have answers prepared for the odd questions like who is your hero, or the last book you read, that type of stuff. Again, easier said than done but just try to relax and pretend you are talking in person. Also key: when you are talking to them, do your best to look into the camera, not at them on the screen. It’s VERY hard to do but helps with the connection because they feel like you are looking directly at them. 

happy to answer other questions if you have any!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, AspiringPAc said:

I have an interview next tuesday, and received a one way interview invite. It is just a few questions we have to answer on our own through a recording session, before our actual interview. I think only the applicants who have an interview on the 26th received an invite to do this beforehand. Applicants with later interview dates will receive it later I am assuming. 

Have you completed the interview/know what format these questions are?

On 7/20/2022 at 4:50 PM, pastudent203 said:

Do you know what kind of questions to expect? Is it MMI format or traditional questions?

Some of both, at least in my experience last year. We had slots to interview with 2 faculty members at a time, and you were not with them long so use every second and try to make an impression. Make sure to have questions for them that they may find interesting/important. There was also a group interview and I did my best to try to establish as the leader, but if someone else pushes harder than you for that it's okay. Don't push so hard that you seem mean, just be a great team member and contributor and add-on to their ideas. 

On 7/24/2022 at 10:38 PM, Sourpatchkid said:

Some of both, at least in my experience last year. We had slots to interview with 2 faculty members at a time, and you were not with them long so use every second and try to make an impression. Make sure to have questions for them that they may find interesting/important. There was also a group interview and I did my best to try to establish as the leader, but if someone else pushes harder than you for that it's okay. Don't push so hard that you seem mean, just be a great team member and contributor and add-on to their ideas. 

To the ones that interviewed today, how did it go?