Sullivan University '22-'23 Applicants

On 8/12/2022 at 7:17 AM, OldprePA said:

Do not get over worried!  Last year I got my waitlist email the 16th of August and was pulled off around the 20th of September.  I believe last year there were some students offered early interview seats for whatever reason. Don't hold me accountable to that, as there has been a lot go on between now and then! lol Just relax and enjoy the process! You will get an interview, or you won't.  It is really out of your control at this point. 

That’s not too long of a wait :0 when was the interview scheduled for? Did you have a lot of time to prepare after being pulled from the waitlist?

49 minutes ago, MorganWoodruff said:

Me too and I thought this was one of the schools I had a better shot at🥴 

however I think everything happens for a reason so either not the right time or not the right school! 

I thought so as well as I know my application isn't the strongest in terms of my undergrad, but I had hoped they would have seen my upward trend since I graduated. 😞. I hope we get the one interview we need this cycle. Good luck to you!! 

• Like 3

I had received a rejection so I had reached out just to advocate for myself and ask for some input, and Scott Hendrix said that I should "highly consider" other healthcare careers at this time as he does not foresee PA admissions being any less competitive in the next few years. And then ended the e-mail with "sorry about that!" I thought it was an interesting response I just wanted some advice on what I can do to improve my chances for next cycle Lol. I wasn't expecting this response so I was very caught off guard 😕 . 

My undergrad GPA was def really bad, so I pursued a master's in physiology and biophysics program ended with a 3.5 so I thought that would help along with my healthcare experiences to show a positive upward trend since I graduated and show how committed I am. But I guess I just wasn't what they were looking for. I was being hopeful that they would look at my application holistically as they said in their website. Felt a little discouraged but it is all good, I'll hope for the best for the next one! 

56 minutes ago, 1PAofTheFuture said:

What are your stats and PCE?

Undergrad cGPA 3.0, sGPA 2.8. master's GPA 3.5. 4000+ PCE with scribing and clinical research. Sadly the master's GPA didn't raise my overall GPA by much. I was just hoping that taking higher level science classes would show my ability to handle the curriculum because it was pretty rigorous & taught by med school professors.  Also I did so well in my undergrad A&P classes compared to the other pre-reqs like gen chem and such in undergrad so I was hoping that would stand out! So probably will retake classes to raise it as best as I can. 

Edited by Neemz31695

On 8/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, RedBlossom10 said:

An essay, no additional fee

1 hour ago, 1PAofTheFuture said:

It looks like the sGPA is what’s really hurting you. Most programs want a minimum of a 3.0. I wouldn’t give up, take some upper level bio/science courses over the next year to boost the sGPA which will also pull up the cGPA. Best of luck 😊

I appreciate the advice and reassurance 🙂 thank you!!