2022-2023 Cycle

21 minutes ago, goodPAvibes said:

Received my virtual interview invite today for 7/12/22! So excited!

2nd time applicant, but 1st time applying to Drexel. 

Submitted CASPA on 5/15/22

CASPA verified on 5/15/22

Received confirmation email from Drexel on 5/16/22

Interview Invite email on 6/9/22

Congrats! What’s your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

On 6/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, KylieL said:

Do you remember roughly when you got the interview invite?

Ah I might not be the best person to ask about this since I actually submitted my app to the program at the beginning of August (a month before their apps close) and I got the interview invite in January after I added another letter of rec and an additional 800ish PCE hours 

Just sent in my application today 6/18. I was already verified so I'm hoping for a confirmation email on Monday! I'm a bit late to applying as I was a bit hesitant—I'm not sure if my stats are super competitive for Drexel. Can anyone give me some insight on whether I stand a decent chance at an interview? I'm mostly worried about my PCE, I would appreciate any feedback 🙂

cGPA: 3.88    sGPA: 3.91

PCE: 1800 hours as a CNA (450 in skilled rehab unit, 1350 in long term memory care)

Volunteering: 120 hours (70 as a volunteer at a cancer hospital, 50 through a service learning trip to Tennessee related to learning about and preserving Native American culture)

*I also was a volunteer peer mentor for organic chemistry students and fundraised for my school's dance marathon, but I listed these as leadership/extracurriculars so I'm not sure if they will count them as volunteer hours*

Shadowing: 40 hours (one cardio surgery PA)

Leadership: 300 hours as a student manager at my previous dining services job on campus 

Teaching: 250 hours as a biology TA "helper"; I was basically a TA and taught my own lab section, but I was designated as a helper since I was not a grad student or GTA (I explained this in my description)

Edited by Hanp56

Hi everyone,

Congrats to those who already received interview invites!

I went through last years thread to see when people got interview invites. Looks like Drexel sent out invites from 6/02 to 1/24. Seems that they sent invites consistently each month throughout the application cycle except for November and December (at least no one posted about it). Hope this helps with the timeline for everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/11/2022 at 11:44 PM, kimmmatron said:

Ah I might not be the best person to ask about this since I actually submitted my app to the program at the beginning of August (a month before their apps close) and I got the interview invite in January after I added another letter of rec and an additional 800ish PCE hours 

Hi! What do you mean “added” 800 hours?Was your CASPA already submitted and verified and you were able to go in and edit things? If so, were you able to pick which schools you sent the updates to? Because I know for example, GA doesn’t want people sending any updates

Guest KBBpa
19 minutes ago, Priyapatel04 said:

Congratulations 🙂 Would mind sharing your states, and the date when you submitted application?

Hi, yes of course! I applied on 5/23 and received an interview invite for 8/12 today. 

sGPA: 3.98

cGPA: 3.95

PCE: ~2900 (medical assistant)

HCE: 160

Shadowing: ~226

Leadership: 83      Teaching: 60      Extracurricular: 215

LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD/Professor, 1 NP, 1 Employer 

35 minutes ago, KylieL said:

Hi, yes of course! I applied on 5/23 and received an interview invite for 8/12 today. 

sGPA: 3.98

cGPA: 3.95

PCE: ~2900 (medical assistant)

HCE: 160

Shadowing: ~226

Leadership: 83      Teaching: 60      Extracurricular: 215

LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD/Professor, 1 NP, 1 Employer 

That Amazing!!!!! Thank you and All the best for Interview 🙂